Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bells Angels and Reindeer!!

Blog Entries
    Here are pictures of my Christmas collections. I collect Bells and have been given a couple of bells by a really sweet board member and I bought some of the bells that Cute makes! I have a bell or two!!

Then I love angels. I love my Angel choir!

And I love the 50s flocking on the reindeer of that era. I was born in 55 and my mom was an antique collector and dealer so I settled on this collection a long time ago!
    I am always adding to it. I find them at junk shops sometimes.

DGS Daymon decorating with the bells
    Name:  Attachment-146248.jpe
Views: 80
Size:  53.7 KB

DGS Devon helping his twin
    Name:  Attachment-146249.jpe
Views: 80
Size:  46.2 KB

DGS Joey decorated the rest of my collections. He did m ost of the work of getting it all out! He had a blast. He was whistling while he decorated!
    Name:  Attachment-146252.jpe
Views: 77
Size:  203.3 KB

I made this angel a few years ago.
    Name:  Attachment-146268.jpe
Views: 79
Size:  205.8 KB

These are a few of my sleighs. I didn't get them all out this year.
    Name:  Attachment-146271.jpe
Views: 79
Size:  46.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images                                            

Blog Entries
    Wow what a collection! Do you collect only old (antique) bells or also bells from different places?

Super collection and the best part is the grandkids will remember and treasure them always, I bet.

Great collections! I love those reindeer too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    Wow what a collection! Do you collect only old (antique) bells or also bells from different places?
    I like the old especially as my mom says- you can't get those any more. They are hard to find.
    But I like bells of all sorts. I have hand crocheted ones my grandma made and some friends have made and I like just about anything if it is a bell. I saved a couple of bells my grandpa had sitting on his kitchen window when we cleaned out his house. One is a cow bell. and some of them are swiss bells.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I like the old especially as my mom says- you can't get those any more. They are hard to find.
    But I like bells of all sorts. I have hand crocheted ones my grandma made and some friends have made and I like just about anything if it is a bell. I saved a couple of bells my grandpa had sitting on his kitchen window when we cleaned out his house. One is a cow bell. and some of them are swiss bells.
    How special-hope those two great boys always have fond memories of decorating with them-just a thought, but you might take a photo of really special ones and give the background of them so all that isn't lost.

COOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    How special-hope those two great boys always have fond memories of decorating with them-just a thought, but you might take a photo of really special ones and give the background of them so all that isn't lost.
    Great suggestion Jill. I will have to do that. I know my mom has stories about all the things she has collected and she is always saying now remember this or that and I know I won't! I keep telling her to write it down.

What wonderful treasures you have. I also collect angels but have no where near as many as you.

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a collection! Can't imagine having to put all those out and then put them away again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast