Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Iron to Buy???

Best Iron to Buy???

Hello
    I have to buy a new iron. I was curious which iron you would all suggest is the best without spending a fortune???
    Thank you for your opinions.
    Judy

I bought this one and I LOVE it. After spending a fortune trying to find the best iron that didn't leak..I opted to go for a Dry Iron. Now I don't have to worry and it gets really hot. AND it doesn't have an automatic shut off. I like that. =)

and its on sale now..even better..

http://www.oneclickdirect.com/catalo...ff8426bca46eeb
    A bed without a Quilt is like a Sky without Stars..Sew On!

I love that price but my husband would kill me if I don't get an auto shut off. lol
    Judy

I can't tell you what to get, but I can certainly tell you what NOT to get....Rowenta irons stink! And I'm not in love with the Shark iron, either. All of them leak...and I'll never buy another of either. The next time I have to buy one, I'll probably buy one of the Olisos...if they don't work well, then I'm back to the $20 Wal-Mart no-names in the dry iron section...good luck with your decision!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I like my Oliso. It stays down so I don't knock if off the table while I'm working. Got it at JoAnn's with a coupon for less than $70. Love it!

I have not found any really wonderful iron so I just generally pay a little less and replace more often. However, the last iron I bought was a Shark. So far, I have not had any problems with it.

Blog Entries
    For myself, a Sunbeam or Black & Decker for about $20 fit the bill. They get hot and steam on or off which is about what every iron does. When the big ticket irons start doing some amazing things like pressing seams without my supervision I'll be at the head of the line to but one. Until then, it will be the above named irons or something similar.

I love my Rowenta.......how different we all are......makes life interesting.

Blog Entries
    i bought the least expensive iron that automatically shuts off after about 30 minutes. I used to always get mine dropped and broken. expected this to happen. But i have had it for about 6 yrs now.

Blog Entries
    I just bought one by Shark. so far, so good. My Rowenta blew up my power strip so I had to go buy a new iron. this one is silver and blue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast