Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A big ole whine!

I am sick! the kids are sick. we've been sick all week. I told dh that after this we ont have $ problems....we will bw a 2 income family. I ill be on disability for coughing up a lung.....or sneezing my brains out. I;m ready to feel better!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Chicken soup with lots of onion and garlic, peppermint tea, or lemon, honey and bourbon mixed together and warmed with or without the lemon and honey! Hugs to you and yours! Hang in there- it can't last forever- it just feels like it. All four of us did this over Christmas week :(

Oh I feel for ya - thankfully, I've been healthy this holiday season. It's something I get every few months, and I go thru kleenex, underwear, pads, and cough medicine faster than a nursing home!

Wishing you all a speedy recovery.

so sorry

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Poor dear! :cry:
    I can so relate. Arrived in Colorado on Dec. 19th to find DD pretty sick with the upper respiratory crud. I made it til Christmas day when I finally succumbed, too. Praying for enough ear canal decongestion to be able to fly home on Saturday without pain. Can relate to coughing up a lung, using a box of Puffs a day, numb tongue and mouth from the Cepacol lozenges, having to make a list/schedule for taking all the meds she's brought me, sore abs from the coughing crunches, sleeping in hour-only snatches due to the drainage. It's truly the pits.............not the way I hoped to spend my special holiday. :thumbdown:

Jan in VA

I know how you feel. I have the worst cold I have had in years! Coughing and nose like a faucet! I will be so glad when this is gone!!! :thumbdown:I have gone through a box of tissues a day too!

This is a bad year for the creeping crud! Have poured gallons of hot tea with honey and lemon down both sons and husband. I'll have to mention the bourbon to them...I'm quite sure that will be better than the tea.
    A small pillow held to your chest as you are coughing will help with the sore ribs.

Blog Entries
    Where did i read,put vicks vapor rub on you feet put socks on,they say that will stop the coughing.I read it on GCC.

I have used almost a whole bottle of vicks! I keep reading about people eating the stuff and I'm about that desperate. I do feel better than yesterday though so I'm trying to be hopeful. I just have NO energy, tons of congestion, watery eyes, sneezes that would power a sailboat, and coughing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast