Blasted puppy!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:57 PM

Please don't misunderstand...I love my dogs with all my heart! I'm so mad at the youngun now I could just spit!! :evil:

I found two spools of thread that were on my end table where I sit and do handwork on the floor...chewed up! Seems that young Master Chip had decided that he didn't want to chew on his own toys and took mine! Wouldn't have been so bad had they been the cheaper Coats and Clarks thread that was right next to them...no.....HE had to pick the spools of SILK thread that I bought for hand applique!

Need I say that he's not real high on my list of favorite dogs right now?

Oh well... will teach me to leave my stuff on a table where he can get to it...and to not keep a closer eye on him! The brat! He COULD have taken the Coats and Clarks!!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

LOL So sorry... but you know he has good taste :wink: Nothing but the best for him :lol:
Old 04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

Kind of like kids and husbands - gotta love 'em, but sometimes LIKING what they do is a stretch!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Know how you feel...I had a beautiful, expensive leather and silver tipped quilting thimble from Japan...a certain puppy took it off the coffee table and chewed it, I salvaged it the first time (soggy, but it did dry out), he then found it a second time and it disappeared completely. I can't believe I was stupid enough to leave it the second time. My only consolation was he left the quilting project alone, even one chewed hexagon on an EPP Grandmother's Garden would have undone me completely!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 PM

:lol: Good point Miz Sharon!

Bearis...you couldn't be more right!! ;)

Earthwalker...One of my thimbles would have gotten him beaned to be sure! (and I don't believe in hitting my dogs! :lol:)
Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Power Poster

Oh No :roll: I swear, having animals is like havin a perpetual 2 yr old LMBO
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 PM

Watch him though, cause thread is not good for animals! it can get caught in the intestines... be careful!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Oh no...the SILK thread! Yikes.

A counter surfer is he? Well, that can be a rough. If you want to nip that idea in the bud, one way is to take a lunch size paper bag, open it and arrange it so that it is expanded rather than flat. Then and put something in it that smells tempting (to the puppy) like a piece of hard cheese. Additionally, put a spring loaded mouse trap, set to go off, inside and fold the end closed. Then carefully set the works on the counter/table whatever when the puppy is not watching. When the guilty counter surfer starts to push at the bag with his nose, the trap will usually spring, making a noise inside the bag startling the guilty party. Often this negative experience is enough to get the behavior to stop.

If that doesn't work tell him you know about these guys that make working dogs out of puppies like him! (:
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Watch him though, cause thread is not good for animals! it can get caught in the intestines... be careful!
Sorry to hear about your silk thread. Animals love that kind of stuff. It's like a play or chew toy for them.

I agree about the thread being harmful to animals. My cat ate a piece of yarn and had to have an operation. It cost me over $500.00, but it saved his life.

Keep an eye on your dog. If he stops eating and just lays around, have him checked by a vet. :-(
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Well, my beloved little sweetie ate the Dishnetwork remote last night....when I called Dish, the remote is only 19.99, but the shipping is 16.00!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I wish dogs could get jobs, LOL!!!!!!!!!