Wedding favors

Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 AM

Hi -

I need some opinions please. We are getting married in July and I have been looking for wedding favors. I found ones I love but they will cost $220.00 which we really dont have. Would you be insulted if you went to a wedding and did not receive a favor? Our other option is to donate money to the local childrens hospital and put cards on the tables letting guests know we decided to do this instead of getting favors.

Thanks for your opinions.

Nikki
Old 04-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Pam

I do not expect a favor, so I am never disappointed. Everyone knows that a wedding is very expensive and will understand if you do not give them out.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM

I would NOT be insulted at all, particularly if I were aware of tight bugdgets. Not everyone will be aware, but it would be extremely rude if anyone did get upset or say anything.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM

at my daughter's wedding we did a donation to AFSP as we had just lost my brother 2 mos. earlier. Everyone thought is was amazing and the owner of the hotel where the reception was took a photo of the display we created.

I'm trying to remember the things we got from subsequent weddings- can't remember- so they must not have been outstanding. That said- go either way....

Oh- I remember DS's- it was a CD of music. Listened to it a few times and put it away. Wasn't my type of music.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned

My opinion is that wedding favors are a waste of money, so I personally would be glad to attend a wedding that had no favors :)

Make a donation, or not ~ but favors are certainly not a requirement!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I do believe that favors are not a requirement at a wedding. When my DS got married we did the favors and wound up having to take a lot of them home except for the ones that had candy in them and that was because the kids got hold of them. I think thank you notes to all those who attended would be enough, attended the wedding not just the reception.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 AM

It is my experience that many wedding favors end up regifted or tossed in a box in the closet. Don't spend your money on them.

If you have extra money to spend, put a disposable digital camera on every table. Put a basket by the door to collect them in at the end of the party. You will then have tons of pictures to go through. You'd be surprised at what great candids guest take.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM

I wouldn't be offended if I didn't receive a favor. I am attending to give best wishes to the Bride and Groom, I don't expect a gift/favor for that.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM

I don't expect favors at parties in general and even if I did, I would certainly rather you gave the money you would have spent to a charitable cause.

Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by nikki128
Hi -

I need some opinions please. We are getting married in July and I have been looking for wedding favors. I found ones I love but they will cost $220.00 which we really dont have. Would you be insulted if you went to a wedding and did not receive a favor? Our other option is to donate money to the local childrens hospital and put cards on the tables letting guests know we decided to do this instead of getting favors.

Thanks for your opinions.

Nikki

That's exactly what we're doing when we get married (have been delaying it because of $$, school, and now a new baby, lol)
We're going to have some really nice place cards made up explaining that in lieu of favors, we're dicided to make a donation to the MIRA foundation, or Canadian Cancer Society.