Wedding favors

Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 PM

I don't expect favors at a wedding. But I have seen Hershey's miniatures with a personalized wrapper of the B&G names & date. That wouldn't get tossed! LOL

But I would stay away from disposable cameras. The little kids/college age get hold of them and you pay for developing some really bad shots, juvenile shots.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM

I think the donation is a wonderful thing to do!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM

My niece just married this April. The couple had favors for the guest, and over half of the favors were never taken.
It was wasted time and money. I don't expect a gift when I attend and wedding or bridle shower.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 PM

When my oldest got married almost two years ago, my friend, which happens to be the grooms mom, made some pretty bookmarks with their names and date on it and their favorite scripture. She designed it on her computer, printed on pretty paper and laminated it on a laminater that she had. Both of the kids are voracious readers and my daughter was leaving 6 weeks after the wedding to deploy to Iraq. We asked all the wedding guests to think of her and them everytime they used the bookmark.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 PM

I like the book mark idea. Out here weddings are low key. Often they write up a cute thank you note and roll it up and wrap with ribbon and hand that out. This way they also don't have to send out thank you notes which is another expense.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:08 AM

back when we got married, favors were not the usual...

people did like to take home a piece of the wedding cake and some brides had little boxes with a piece in them as a remembrance of the day.

and then, they sometimes had match books with their names on them...but today, smoking is a no-no, so that one goes out the window.

No, it would never bother me at all should a bride not give favors.......
Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 AM

I think no favors would be alright to! Just sharing your moment iw wonderful.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned

As a former wedding director/coordinator and photographer ---- favors are not needed and more often than not the guests don't take them home anyway. They don't look around at the reception and say "WELL! where are the favors for US to take home?" They look around and enjoy the precious time of celebrating the joy of your union and that fact that they are part of what will be a wonderful marriage and life together.
It is your day, plan, relax, enjoy and don't worry about the little things.

Oh, and congrats to you and yours!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM

I was married so long ago, no one had ever thought of favors.
The disposable camera is a nice thing but that too gets abused. Children take them and shoot any and every thing then take the cameras home and bride and groom never see them.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by nikki128
Hi -

I need some opinions please. We are getting married in July and I have been looking for wedding favors. I found ones I love but they will cost $220.00 which we really dont have. Would you be insulted if you went to a wedding and did not receive a favor? Our other option is to donate money to the local childrens hospital and put cards on the tables letting guests know we decided to do this instead of getting favors.

Thanks for your opinions.

Nikki
Favors can be expensive. My cousin recently was married and instead of favors she put cards on the tables stating that they donated money towards a special charity of theirs. I thought - what a great idea! I say - GO FOR IT!!!!!