Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Took a Break from Quilting - Wedding Favors for My Son's Wedding on Saturday!

Blog Entries

Took a Break from Quilting - Wedding Favors for My Son's Wedding on Saturday!

My son is getting married this Saturday and I initially planned to make quite a few things for the wedding -- including the veil for his wife-to-be, but ... then came Hurricane Sandy and everything was gone.

A couple of weeks ago we were talking and I expressed how badly I felt about not having been able to do much for them at this point, and he admitted that they were disappointed but they understood.

Well, that's all I needed to hear. With a LOT of help from my husband, we made these free standing lace hearts in white on blue tissue lame. There is a blue Swarovski crystal in the ring to look like the sapphire in her engagement ring. An organza bag is attached with three Jordan Almonds - three for the Trinity - and almonds for luck and sweetness in married life. I'm stitching out the last ones right now!
    Name:  Favor Front.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  favor back.jpg
Views: 2133
Size:  53.6 KB
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Power Poster
    very nice!!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    I sure hope your son understands that you would of rather made things or his wedding to loosing everything. I would of wrapped my arms around you and say don't worry about it will all be okay. When tragic happens to fall upon us we deal with it the best we can.

Your heart wedding favor is beautiful. They will love it.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Happy Wedding!! Years and years of happiness to your son!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

They are just lovely. I'm so sorry you lost so much during Sandy. It's heart wrenching and I hope your son and DIL fully understand that. Under the circumstances, you created something to treasure where as others might have just tossed in the towel.

They are beautiful and a nice personal touch for the wedding. Sometimes life gets in the way and we can't do all that we would like to do. I'm sure he understands.

Just beautiful and with such symbolism!

Krystyna, your work is beautiful! I visited my baby sister a few weeks ago that lives in Hoboken, NJ. We went to Staten Island so she could show me how much work still needs to be done there. All I could do was cry! I am so sorry that you (and so many others) lost so much. I truly believe your faith in the higher power will move you way beyond all the loss you have suffered. I will keep you in my prayers.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

They will certainly treasure these items. You do very nice work.

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, These are beautiful! I wish you son every happiness for his wedding day and their life together.
    My son is getting married on Saturday too. Here in Australia that is tomorrow. We will be off to the country at 7.30am, set up for the wedding and reception then off to the wedding at 3.30pm.
    I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll post some pictures here next week.
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter

Blog Entries
    How exciting! Congratulations to you and the happy couple. I wish them every good thing in their lives together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B View Post
    Krystyna, These are beautiful! I wish you son every happiness for his wedding day and their life together.
    My son is getting married on Saturday too. Here in Australia that is tomorrow. We will be off to the country at 7.30am, set up for the wedding and reception then off to the wedding at 3.30pm.
    I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll post some pictures here next week.
    Krystyna

They are gorgeous!! What a wonderful thing you did for them!! My oldest son, Dirk, is also getting married on the 20th. Best wishes to your son!!

Very sweet.

Mrs B and Krystyna, Both of you will be proud Mamas of Sons on Saturday ! Enjoy theday, make memories for years to come, dance a few for me, and I am looking forward to seeing photos next week. Hugs to you and your families. We would say Joie de vie ! Thats life...........hugs I can' spell in English much less French

Beautiful! Congrats on the son's wedding.

So beautiful-what a nice remembrance.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

you outdid yourself!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Krystyna: Very nice .. You do terrific work .. I am sure they will be understanding about it all and god bless in their future. Congratulations to the new family !

MrsB: Congratulations to the new family!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Beautiful, good of him to understand. You had no control of the storm. I wish them many years of happiness.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Banned
    those are very nice!!

Those are beautiful. Of course he is disappointed who wouldn't be - to have something from from your heart and hands, but he understands that it is Mother Nature doesn't take things into account she just blows through. I am sure that these beautiful hearts coming from you and your husband will mean the world to him. Just think of how proud he will be when someone compliments and he can say my mom made them!

How sweet -- and they're beautiful!

What a beautiful and touching memory gift for those who attend your son's wedding. Best Wishes to him and his bride as well as the other member's sons who are getting married tomorrow. May in Jersey

Blog Entries
    DebbieG, wishing you congratulations and many blessing for the new couple!
    Krystyna

Krystyna, Those are wonderful....
    Know that you did everything you could to make their wedding day special....
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast