Blue Day

Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Having a blue day again. Couldn't tell you why, but feeling down, possibly the weather but just sat yesterday, a good portion of day in my chair. Sitting and trying to find some inspiration which never came, so off to bed early, but still feeling blue again this morning! I seem to be in a rut! I am hoping for an early spring or at least more sunshine! I really have nothin to complain about, wonderful husband and family, things are going good, but here I am! Anybody else feeling the same way?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm praying that you get a wonderful phone call today, or someone who loves you a lot will visit, send you a card or some flowers.

May be you could look at some Quilt Magazines, to get you inspired to make something nice.

Watch a funny movie, listen to some up beat music.

I'm praying that even though the sunshine is lacking from the outside, that you will find sunshine on your inside.

If I would be your neighbor I would come over and cheer you up!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 AM

sorry you are feeling down.......try exercising to stimulate your brain....read the Bible for encouragement will lift your spirit
Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 AM

its the time of year you want spring but its not coming I feel like that and its just a crummy feeling so I hope you feel better soon
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 AM

I get the same way in dreary weather. Even if the sun is only out for a few minutes I try to get out in it. How about one of those lamps that are equal to sunlight? If this persists be sure to consult your doctor.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 AM

I've been in the same kind of rut where it seems all I do, when I have some free time, is sit in front of the boob tube. Two things that might help, both of which I'm doing, is to up your intake of vitamin D (it's what you get from sunshine), and do something just for you that is OUTSIDE of the house!

My rut begins at my easy chair and doesn't extend beyond the four walls so I need to get away and do something different. Last Sunday, I went to the movies by myself to see a movie my boyfriend wouldn't like but is right up my alley ("Sanctum", about cave divers). I left the theater feeling rather refreshed and proud of myself. Try it, you'll like it!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

How old are you, what "time of the month" is it for you?

I'm 66 and still have a hormonal swing -- why didn't anyone ever mention this possibility/likelyhood after menopause?? -- a swing which I can recognize to the hour every month.

If (probably!) you still have your thyroid, pituitary, adrenals, and such, you still have "hormones". Some of us are just more sensitive to the effects of them; apathy/depression/fatigue/lethargy can definitely be a part of that package. Generally I don't fight mine, I just go with the flow...some days I'm the dove, some days I'm the statue covered in bird ----.

Keep a calendar this year and compare it next year to see if weather or day of the month is what you are experiencing.

Jan in VA
Old 02-16-2011, 07:00 AM

So sorry you are feeling this way, I understand, have been there. Everyone has given you good advice. When was the last time you had any blood tests? You may have low thyroid or low iron. I was feeling like that the beginning of Jan. and the Doctor did blood work and found I had low iron. I've been taking iron (a little hard on the stomach, at first) for a month and I feel so much better. Now I also take B-6 and B-12. I also work at not letting the SAD get the best of me. Having something to look forward to, ie: vacation, date night, trip to the LQS, lunch with friends, helps. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 AM

I also suffer from blue days-winter makes it worse. Even though i'm on meds, i was still blue. mentioned it to my family doc., and she tested my vit D-found it VERY low. Put me on an extremely high (50,000) dose 1x a week for 4 months, then 1,000mg or more daily-I'm not euphoric, but haven't felt this way in years :)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM

I'm blue. I am alone way too much....the result of being up all night most of the time. I have to work hard to get turned back to normal, today is not that day!
Hope you feel better soon...somedays are hard but things always get better....if they don't, ask for help..