Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: book recommendations - winter reading

Blog Entries
    I read a lot of books in the winter since I go to bed earlier - warm cozy bed....any good book recommendations
    I just finished Suzanne's diary for Nicholas - I highly recommend this one.

Any by Jennifer Cheverini or Thomas Kinkaid. If you like mystery JoAnn Fluke is good. Debbie McComber writes good romance stories.

Oh my goodness....ALL of his books are just wonderful! But usually also sad!

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I read a lot of books in the winter since I go to bed earlier - warm cozy bed....any good book recommendations
    I just finished Suzanne's diary for Nicholas - I highly recommend this one.

Ooh, I will watch this thread with interest. I love a good book! It sure is hard to pick, though.

Off the top of my head...I finished Fannie Flagg's I Still Dream About You a couple of weeks ago. I always enjoy her books for something entertaining and not too heavy. I am also reading my way through Bryce Courtenay now. Loved Four Fires. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly was pretty good, but I really loved her book "A Northern Light."--that's the one I would most highly recommend. Pat Conroy is my favorite. I'd recommend any of his books.

I'll be thinking on this one!

I just the other day finished The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks----very good book.

Blog Entries
    Susan Wittig Albert has a great series (China Bales series).

Blog Entries
    My reading plans for the winter is "Quilting Message Board", LOL:)

Most of Nicholas Sparks are good. One of my favorite authors is Clive Cussler. My son is reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest & recommends all 3 of those books - they are next on my list. If you like history, I also recommend books by Jeff Shaara.

The Walk by Richard Paul Evans. Saving Cee Cee Hunicutt is a good read. I have read all of Nicholas Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Most of Nicholas Sparks are good. One of my favorite authors is Clive Cussler. My son is reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest & recommends all 3 of those books - they are next on my list. If you like history, I also recommend books by Jeff Shaara.
    The Stieg Larrsson books are awesome but a much different genre than most being recommended here .
    I guess it depends on what you like to read. I avoid standard romance /relationship books but I did buy "Heartbroke Bay" yesterday for Kindle after the USATODAY write up.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast