Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Books

Thank you for the free books site. I have downloaded free books to my Kindle and am now liking it alot.

Just finished The Cat's Table and am reading now The Tiger's Wife. Both good. While on a cruise recently of fifteen days to Hawaii read Mercy by Jodi Picoult and it was marvelous, also Little Bee. Both had extremely well defined characters and both were well written.

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I'm reading Drift by Rachel Maddow. I've really been in the mood to read a really good book (fiction).
    The very best book I have read this spring is The Fall of Giants by Follette.
    I read a great deal and yet find many books so poorly written I am surprised they are published at all. Yet there are wonderful books coming out every day. I am in a writing group and have been for thirty some years and love to read and WRITE. And, of course,QUILT or maybe I should say PIECE for I don't do hand sewing and send my quilts out for quilting. I usually make full or queen size.

I am reading Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly.

Anita in Northfield, MN

Blog Entries
    I am reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Dumas, again. A great story and well worth the time reading it.
    Last edited by Learner747; 05-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.

I'll confess, I'm an oddball

Current book:
    Geological Evolution of the Colorado Plateau

Current Ebook
    Honest, the Martian ate your dog.

Watching the DVD of the 1986 Mets.

I like to know what's overhead and underfoot, hence Geology and Astronomy. Took a couple of semesters of each in college.

If you want free classics - check out Project Gutenberg. Manybooks also has these, plus a few Creative Commons.
    A lot of new authors will publish via Creative Commons to see how a book will go, then hope you will buy the sequel.

Obooko also has some - but you had better know how to convert to either pdf or epub.

I like Sci - Fi and must have collected over 300 books by now. I have them stashed on a computer and just transfer by using a card reader.

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I hear about that series ALL the time anymore. Was it good?
    I have to put my 2 cents in, I read all kinds of books, and am not a prude by any means, but I found the first Shades of Grey WAY out of my comfort zone. I don't plan to read the other two. It isn't just the sex, but demeaning sadomasochistic sex as a young girls first experience. I can't even imagine how they can make a movie of this book. Just want you to be prepared. I was very sorry to have spent money on it at my ereader store. That being said, I have finished every book I ever started and this was no exception.

I love all of the Stephanie Plum by the numbers books by Janet Evanovich and the women's murder club books. Also the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris.
    danna

Your library should have access to a state library specifically for ebooks. You just have to get a pass-code for your town. I just finished reading Jodi Picoult's Lone Wolf, and loved it. Recently finished Joy Fielding's book Still Life and really enjoyed that also.
    Attitude is the mind's paintbrush. It colors every situation.

Just finished The Road to Grace, Book Three of the Walk Series by Richard Paul Evans.

I also get free books from Bookbub.com and Bookontheknob.com for my kindle and Nook.
    Carole

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast