Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Books

Banned

Books

What is everybody reading? Before I lost all of my e-mails and had to get a new address I had a daily post
    on free books from amazon. Now I can't find the link from amazon It was something like Pick and Pretzels LOL

well, I still read paper books (not giving them out free on Amazon as far as I know!) - just finished "Peacock Spring" by Rumer Godden. I generally like her books.

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about free books on Kindle?

Blog Entries
    Right now I am engrossed in John Grisham. I just finished " The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. Our library just had a book sale and I picked up several different authors.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I just finished reading Miss Julia to the Rescue by Ann B. Ross. Now reading The Natural History of the Piano by Stuart Isacoff.

A great free site is Pixelofink.com. I have about 50 downloaded on my Kindle. They send you a list of 5-10 free books by email everyday.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I just read all 3 volumns of "50 shades of grey"

good story, had some steamy parts that I kind of just skimmed over.
    Pam H.

"Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

I just read The Leopard and Bleed For Me--from the library. I reas so much I can't afford to buy them all.
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

Blog Entries
    i am currently reading a Swash-buckling Pirate tale from Michael Crichton called Pirate Latiitudes...just finished reading--Make money quilting by Sylvia Ann Landman, before that one i read an Odd Thomas tale from Dean Koontz---i'm all over the place with my reading!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Google Pixel of Ink. They send me a daily email with free books for the kindles.

Smile Yeah new authors

I am just finishing Backon Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. The Curves that I am a member has a book exchange... I always look for new authors... love seeing what everyone's picks. Will be checking out some more new authors to me... Also have a Mary Higgins Clark on the top of the stack...you can not go wrong with Mary

Judy in Phx, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pamesue View Post

I hear about that series ALL the time anymore. Was it good?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I'm reading Drift by Rachel Maddow. I've really been in the mood to read a really good book (fiction).
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Anyone know of free books for the Nook? I just finished listening to Jeffery Archer's "The Sins of the Father" (second in a series) I didn't read the first book, didn't know about it, and this book ended with a cliff-hanger, to be continued in the next book.....I then discovered it won't be released until 2013.....sigh...why did I get so involved???? Anyway, it is a good read.
    Deanna in SE Michigan

Nook free books

BN has a section for free books on the Nook along with Free Fridays. Free Fridays are hit or miss as to good books, but I have gotten quite a few. You can borrow books from your Nook friends too for free.
    I am reading the Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn. It is very good!

Kristen Hannah is also very good, anything by Jodi Piccoult, Lee Childs, or James Patterson. I'm currently reading a new author to me - The Island, by Elin Hilderbrand.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

I live in a small town. (pop is 450.) We have a free lending library run by 4 volunteers. It is only open two days a week, but we have 2 1/2 walls of bookcases. Right now I am reading a lot of "who dunnit's" I usually have about 5 or 6 books going home with me on the days I am there working. smile

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pamesue View Post

i read the first one and hated it! hated the writing thought it was a bunch of cut and paste LOL. i did just read a parady of the shades of grey,,,,it was funny!

Am currently reading The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani and it promises to be very good. Just finished Falling Home by Karen White which I enjoyed. Happy reading. Quilting and reading - what would we do without our favorite
    pasttimes???? I go to the library and check out the new books.

Try [email protected]
    I have 350 down loaded. They send you a list every day of free books.

Banned
    I want to thank everybody who posted. Pixel of ink is what I was looking for and also names of books everybody is
    reading. I am always looking for good books to read and like hearing from others about good books. thanks again

I like mysteries and historical fiction. Purchased a Kindle awhile back thinking it would save me trips to the library..but not so...the authors I like to read are not freebies from amazon-or available as ereaders from library, so i still order and pick up "real" books from my library.....I am told a lot of the larger publishers are not keen on offering ebooks for "just to be read" as the $$$ is not there..and I guess libraries have to pay some source to have ebooks available and a lot of them are not ready or due to budget able to pay....so library, library sales, garage, estate sales are great...we also have a used book store in our "little" town and can exchange books there at very reasonable prices...or no cost if exchange works out.....funnnnnnnn

Me too. Talk about steamy! Whew!

So true.
    I bought a Kindle thinking it would save money, not so, the books are just as much or more than printed books.
    When I lived in the city there were many used book stores to shop at.
    Now Im in the country so bought a Kindle, my mistake. It is cheaper to just order books from Amazon where you can get used books cheap.

I am wondering if Nook and Kindle are compatible - can you get a book that will go on either one? Or is it like VHS and Betamax?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast