Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Tuck Addiction Ramble

My name is Cheri and I'm a bow tuck purse addict.
    I'm addicted to making these. When I'm looking at fabric, I always have a bow tuck in mind.

I made one for me yesterday. I very rarely ever make anything for me. One of my co-workers went bonkers over it and asked to me make one for her. Normally, I would have said no, I hate sewing for $$. But, it's a bow tuck purse! Even DH is shocked that I said yes. She is giving me carte blanche to decide on the fabric. She just wants feminine. I have some already in mind that I specifically bought for a bow tuck purse. I'm really excited about getting home and start cutting out pieces. Should I be this excited? Does she know that she just enabled me? There is about $20 in materials in the purse and I will ask for $20 of my time. I think that is fair. I would probably just do it for the cost of material, but she said she wants to pay me for my time.

Today is boss' day, and I had made one for a manager who has schnuazers that are her children. I used a paw print material and embroideried a schnauzer on the pocket (sorry, no pics). I put some doggie treats in the bag, along with a matcing kleenix cover.

I have three complete purses in my sewing room for Christmas gifts for my friends. I really need to stop making these purses or everyone will think of me as the crazy purse lady. If I joined a 12-step program, everyone in my group will end up getting a purse! I guess it will have to be cold turkey...after this next one.

picture please :thumbup:

I like to make purses also, I haven't bought a purse in years. Bow tuck however isnt one that I like. I like to make up my own or make up vera bradley style purses.

Blog Entries
    GO GIRL!!!:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_J
    If I joined a 12-step program, everyone in my group will end up getting a purse! I guess it will have to be cold turkey...after this next one.
    ROTFL :lol: :lol:

I love bow tucks

They are addicting!!! Don't even think of doing the
    12 step program because it won't work!!! ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_J
    My name is Cheri and I'm a bow tuck purse addict.
    If I joined a 12-step program, everyone in my group will end up getting a purse! I guess it will have to be cold turkey...after this next one.
    Welcome to addiction .... and be informed there is no 12-step program for fabric OR purses! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I really need to get another one made for myself...I've made several, but they were all for others!

I do love that purse, even tho I'm not crazy about actually MAKING it! :lol:

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    $40+ is good. Make that money and feed that addiction at the same time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast