View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Cheri_J

My name is Cheri and I'm a bow tuck purse addict.
I'm addicted to making these. When I'm looking at fabric, I always have a bow tuck in mind.

I made one for me yesterday. I very rarely ever make anything for me. One of my co-workers went bonkers over it and asked to me make one for her. Normally, I would have said no, I hate sewing for $$. But, it's a bow tuck purse! Even DH is shocked that I said yes. She is giving me carte blanche to decide on the fabric. She just wants feminine. I have some already in mind that I specifically bought for a bow tuck purse. I'm really excited about getting home and start cutting out pieces. Should I be this excited? Does she know that she just enabled me? There is about $20 in materials in the purse and I will ask for $20 of my time. I think that is fair. I would probably just do it for the cost of material, but she said she wants to pay me for my time.

Today is boss' day, and I had made one for a manager who has schnuazers that are her children. I used a paw print material and embroideried a schnauzer on the pocket (sorry, no pics). I put some doggie treats in the bag, along with a matcing kleenix cover.

I have three complete purses in my sewing room for Christmas gifts for my friends. I really need to stop making these purses or everyone will think of me as the crazy purse lady. If I joined a 12-step program, everyone in my group will end up getting a purse! I guess it will have to be cold turkey...after this next one.