Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ?? >

Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ??

Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ??

Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 AM

It sounds like you picked something that she wants! I'm sure she will appreciate what you put together for her.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM

What you decided to do sounds OK to me. I usually buy something that is on the registry. It seems showers gifts as of late are different than it used to be. More expensive.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:04 PM

My favorite shower gift to give is a sewing basket.... Include a few necessities: Needles, A few spools of neutral thread ( white, navy, black, tan), a card of shirt buttons, some jeans patches, a pair of snippers or small scissors, safety pins, etc.

but what you plan is great. I'm sure they will like it.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:21 PM

For the last shower I attended, I fixed up a tool kit for the bride to be---a small tool chest with a couple screwdrivers, small hammer, pliers, picture hangers, small pkg of nails and screws, sandpaper, garden gloves, thumb tacks. She told me later it was one of the best gifts she'd gotten and had used it a lot after moving into a house of their own.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
Being of a certain age, I should know the answer to this question...but I don't. I have always only purchased a wedding gift as I never attended a bridal shower. My question is, can I shop from the wedding registry for the bridal shower gift or should it be something more personal for the bride.

This isn't for a relative or close friend, just somebody I happen to know. There wasn't anything on her list for less than $40 other than 2 hand towels or a toilet seat cover. So I purchased the towels. I plan on going to Michael's to buy some cute ribbon to tie around them, add a candle or soaps in a cute little dish and decorate with the same ribbon. Does this sound okay?

Thoughts and opinions please.
I think it sounds great!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM

I like to do Picnic baskets fill them with picnic type things from the dollar store add a small blanket, etc. Yours sounds great too! My son just got married this summer and towels were a welcome gift.