Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need quick & easy ideas for bridal shower gift

I was invited to a bridal shower recently and they set the date for it. It was a timing issue with the family's schedules. It is to be held on Mother's Day in the evening.
    I have been travelling quite a bit and am home now, but with company in and out. I will have a small bit of time available for sewing and need some ideas for a gift. The easiest thing I can think of are pillowcases, or maybe a homemade apron with large jars of spices. It is a young couple (19 & 20) so traditional may not be the way to go....not sure.

Any ideas????

What about hotpads, napkins, table runner, etc in the modern prints.

pillow cases sure would be nice.

One of my favorite "quick" gifts is a rolling pin with dollar bills taped together and rolled around it. With a cover that says "May you always be rolling in dough".

If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!

One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!
    I did a "spaghetti dinner" gift for a bridal shower. bought a colinder and filled it with a jar of spaghetti sauce, pkg. of spaghetti, grated cheese. added a wooden spoon. tongs and a couple pot holders. Wrapped it in celephane with a big bow. The bride was thrilled!

Blog Entries
    Being you are short on time here's an idea. Buy a clothes basket and add to it toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap and softner, kleenix, paper napkins and things that are essential to run a home. You don't always have to be crafty. Be crafty later, if you wish, when you have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prayerquilter
    One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.
    Good idea ... I did that years ago for my sister, and painted the hammer and screw drivers pink!!!

A small level would be a good inclusion.

I am sure they do not have any/or very little Christmas Decorating stuff, so do you have any projects that need just a bit of finishing. Or just a simple Chirstmas table runner.

Blog Entries
    why not make a pretty table runner, placemats, potholders

the best gift I got when I started out was a oven mit with all the little kitchen essentials, wood spoons/spatula/ potatoe peeler/ potatoe masher/ sponges/ etc and a gift certificate to movie and or a dinner out is always nice.......

if u want hand made.... I'd stronger suggest a quick table topper/runner.

Fire extinguisher! No one ever seems to get one and they are necessary to have on hand.

A homemade gift certificate that says for her to come and pick out the fabric in your stash and you'll make her custom potholders/place mats of her choice...or something along those lines...gives you some time to do it.

Something i appreciated when I got married was a simple binder that had favorite recipes printed out and put in plastic page sleeves. I still have that binder today, 21 years later with the original recipes plus new ones I have added. The nice thing about having the recipes in plastic sleeves is you can remove them from the book and the plastic protects the recipes from any spills, etc.

I think the Apron with spices is a great idea. The younger adults dont alway realize how expensive spices and that add up.

Great idea :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerquilter
    Good idea ... I did that years ago for my sister, and painted the hammer and screw drivers pink!!!

A small level would be a good inclusion.
    And a stud finder & picture hanging hooks.