Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
need suggestions for bridal shower >

need suggestions for bridal shower

need suggestions for bridal shower

Old 06-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Default need suggestions for bridal shower

I know there are a lot of creative people on this board, and I am not one of them, so I need suggestions for giving money to dgd for her and fiance's bridal shower. I had already given her a very nice quilt for another occassion and just thought I would give her money. Any neat ideas on how to present it as a gift for bridal shower ? I was just going to get a cute card and put it in that but other than that no clue. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

What you plan to do sounds good to me.

Depending on their financial circumstances and living situation - sometimes 'another cute thing' just ends up being more clutter.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 AM

A neat little trinket box, when she opens it, the money is inside.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

An envelope and card sounds fine to me. The only other idea I can think of is a ring bearer's pillow with a pocket in the back? if you know the colour of the bridesmaid dresses, you can embroider the bride and grooms name on the heart shaped pillow in front before adding ribbons for the rings(or do white on white). A little pocket in the back could hold a card with money or check inside. I always attach nice imitation gold bands to the ring bearers pillow and have the real ones in the maid of honor and best man's possession. I have seen the pillow used as a frisbee.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 PM

A really pretty jeweled, beaded coin purse or evening purse with the money inside would be a nice gift - something so special she would always keep it. Or a gift that she could carry while she was being married - the "something old" or "something blue" maybe a small family heirloom Bible or lace hankie for example. Something that would make the container more special than the check.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
A really pretty jeweled, beaded coin purse or evening purse with the money inside would be a nice gift - something so special she would always keep it. Or a gift that she could carry while she was being married - the "something old" or "something blue" maybe a small family heirloom Bible or lace hankie for example. Something that would make the container more special than the check.
I second TanyaL on this one. When giving gift cards or money to the teen granddaughters I always put it in a little purse with 'bling'. Adding something 'old' or 'blue' is a neat idea
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Another idea is a cute tote bag, to take on the honeymoon.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM

how about a picture frame for a wedding picture with a few pictures of former presidents in the frame?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 PM

How about a pair of pillowcases to match the quilt you made?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Dear Sash:

I was just at a bridal shower yesterday afternoon & I gave the bride to be a place setting of her dishes as well as a table runner to go with the color of her dishes. She loved it. Or you could make some place mats & napkins. Just a thought.

Mary C