Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need quick & easy ideas for bridal shower gift (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-quick-easy-ideas-bridal-shower-gift-t121027.html)

natalieg 05-05-2011 09:58 AM

I was invited to a bridal shower recently and they set the date for it. It was a timing issue with the family's schedules. It is to be held on Mother's Day in the evening.
I have been travelling quite a bit and am home now, but with company in and out. I will have a small bit of time available for sewing and need some ideas for a gift. The easiest thing I can think of are pillowcases, or maybe a homemade apron with large jars of spices. It is a young couple (19 & 20) so traditional may not be the way to go....not sure.

Any ideas????

sewcrafty 05-05-2011 10:00 AM

What about hotpads, napkins, table runner, etc in the modern prints.

Kooklabell 05-05-2011 10:10 AM

pillow cases sure would be nice.

One of my favorite "quick" gifts is a rolling pin with dollar bills taped together and rolled around it. With a cover that says "May you always be rolling in dough".

QuiltE 05-05-2011 10:10 AM

If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!

Prayerquilter 05-05-2011 10:16 AM

One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.

bakermom 05-05-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!

I did a "spaghetti dinner" gift for a bridal shower. bought a colinder and filled it with a jar of spaghetti sauce, pkg. of spaghetti, grated cheese. added a wooden spoon. tongs and a couple pot holders. Wrapped it in celephane with a big bow. The bride was thrilled!

Ritacarl 05-05-2011 10:56 AM

Being you are short on time here's an idea. Buy a clothes basket and add to it toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap and softner, kleenix, paper napkins and things that are essential to run a home. You don't always have to be crafty. Be crafty later, if you wish, when you have more time.

QuiltE 05-05-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Prayerquilter
One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.

Good idea ... I did that years ago for my sister, and painted the hammer and screw drivers pink!!!

A small level would be a good inclusion.

Lori S 05-05-2011 11:18 AM

I am sure they do not have any/or very little Christmas Decorating stuff, so do you have any projects that need just a bit of finishing. Or just a simple Chirstmas table runner.

craftybear 05-05-2011 12:22 PM

why not make a pretty table runner, placemats, potholders