Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ??

Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ??

Being of a certain age, I should know the answer to this question...but I don't. I have always only purchased a wedding gift as I never attended a bridal shower. My question is, can I shop from the wedding registry for the bridal shower gift or should it be something more personal for the bride.

This isn't for a relative or close friend, just somebody I happen to know. There wasn't anything on her list for less than $40 other than 2 hand towels or a toilet seat cover. So I purchased the towels. I plan on going to Michael's to buy some cute ribbon to tie around them, add a candle or soaps in a cute little dish and decorate with the same ribbon. Does this sound okay?

Thoughts and opinions please.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Yes, many many people now shop off of the registry for the shower. Unless it was specified it was a personal shower, you certainly can shop that way. It seems like a very nice gift.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Blog Entries
    Sounds fine to me too!
    Nikki in MO

Thanks ladies, guess I'll go out and find my ribbon and candle/soaps.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

sounds perfect to me.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

sounds great to me. I use the wedding registry for shower gifts.... that way I tend to get something they want rather than something I think they need or would like...saves them the hassle of returning things

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    What a great idea !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

When I go to showers, I bring a laundry basket with food staples. I know it's expensive, but all the brides have loved it. I put in a 5lb. bag of flour, 5 lb. bag of sugar, a small can of coffee, a box of salt and pepper, if I've found some pretty dish towels, I'll throw that in, a roll of paper towels, some trash bags, a can opener, just little things to get them started. You can make it as large or as small as you like.

I had a Bridal Shower Oct 1, made a Halloween Tablerunner, they are getting married Dec 1 making a Christmas center piece and have a candleholder and candle to go with it. The Halloween runner was a hit at the shower
    Sewing keeps me out of trouble!
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
    I had a Bridal Shower Oct 1, made a Halloween Tablerunner, they are getting married Dec 1 making a Christmas center piece and have a candleholder and candle to go with it. The Halloween runner was a hit at the shower
    We were married Dec. 19. My favorite gift was a Christmas centerpiece. We used it for years. It was our first holiday decoration. We received plenty of "normal" stuff, but the holiday item was thoughtful.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast