Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brother PE770

Brother PE770

Anyone have this machine?..
    I would just like to ask what your top tension setting is thanks RitaFaye
    What we "Make" "Makes" Us.

Mine is set at -4 , I usually don't mess with the tension.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Thanks wow -4

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    The reason I asked is I think my tension is off a bit and I went to the brother site for the test pattern
    and it said to make sure it was set at 4 I have always left mine alone as well from the day I bought it
    which was 00......anyhooooo on the stitchout it was pretty tight set at 4 *LOL* then I wasn't sure just exactly what it should be set at........but now I believe it is the lower tension and not the upper tension.......thanks for your answer........Rita

Chasing Hawk: Do you like this machine? Use it a lot? I'm on the verge of buying one! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RitaFaye View Post
    The reason I asked is I think my tension is off a bit and I went to the brother site for the test pattern
    and it said to make sure it was set at 4 I have always left mine alone as well from the day I bought it
    which was 00......anyhooooo on the stitchout it was pretty tight set at 4 *LOL* then I wasn't sure just exactly what it should be set at........but now I believe it is the lower tension and not the upper tension.......thanks for your answer........Rita
    Hi Rita,

Check the bobbin case. Take it apart and if you have to use a magnifying glass to check the bobbin case very closely.
    Mine had a tiny speck of lint in where the thread goes through the tension adjusting spring.and it messed up the whole stitching.

Chase
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
    Chasing Hawk: Do you like this machine? Use it a lot? I'm on the verge of buying one! Thanks!
    Yes I do......it is simple to use and I've never had a problem other than user error *LOL*
    it is learning process tho......good luck if you buy one Rita

Hi Rita,

Check the bobbin case. Take it apart and if you have to use a magnifying glass to check the bobbin case very closely.
    Mine had a tiny speck of lint in where the thread goes through the tension adjusting spring.and it messed up the whole stitching.

Chase
    Thanks Chase I will do that.........

Blog Entries
    Depends on what I'm making, but usually -2
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I have never touched the tension after the first time I tried to. I took it back to the shop and they said there was nothing wrong with it. It did not make a pretty stitch and still doesn't!

How very strange... I am also seriously thinking about buying this machine! Did not think to ask questions on this board because it's an embroidery-only machine. I guess quilters embroider a lot too...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast