Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can warped Tupperware lids be fixed? >

Can warped Tupperware lids be fixed?

Can warped Tupperware lids be fixed?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I used to be a Tupperware agent. I still have a few and I have the cereal containers. I wash mine often but never in the dishwasher no matter what. Whatever piece you have seal or container on the bottom should be a number. The pieces may be free but yes you have to pay for shipping. I just had a seal replaced the other day. I also do not put them in the microwave. I have gotten to where I only use paper plates (not foam) or corning ware or regular cereal bowls or cups in the microwave. Nothing plastic or foam. Those seam in bags of frozen veggies get emptied and put into a regular cooking micro wave safe cookware.
Tupperware became "dishwasher safe" sometime early in the 1980's. The seals before that have a really smooth surface; after that, the seals had a little bit of texture on the surface. That's how you can tell the difference. The smooth ones should not go into the dishwasher. They will warp.

The only Tupperware I put into the microwave are the ones made for the microwave: the ones with the vent in the seal. I use them all the time in the microwave. They are my go-to for leftovers.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:58 AM

they are lifetime warranties, even if you have had it "forever", get in contact with a dealer and get a replacement- if they no longer make the piece they will replace it with another that is close to the original. SEW.........keep it and the base piece until they help you, because they will want both pieces returned
Old 10-16-2015, 09:23 AM

I have never put Tupperware or Rubbermaid or Sterlite in the dishwasher. Hand wash it all so I don't have personal experience with warping. My question is this: since no one claims to have taken off with my large white round bottom for my Tupperware storage container at a family picnic a few years ago, would Tupperware replace that to go with the top I still do have. Haha.
Good luck, I do remember being told at parties years ago that lids could be replaced free of charge if warping or damage occurred.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 PM

The last time I tried to get an old Tupperware lid replaced, it was just a lesson in frustration. The dealer kept insisting that I had microwaved it. She wouldn't listen to a thing I tried to say, the lid was 50 years old, belonged to my Mother.
I have no more Tupperware.
Sharon in Texas
Old 10-18-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
tupperware is guaranteed forever... contact a tupperware dealer for a replacement. my 3rd generation shapes ball broke it's string so i threw it away. at my next T party, the dealer said i should have contacted her for a replacement
True but the usully send clear esp for lids from 69’s,70’s & 80’s.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:12 AM

Over the years and frequent moving, I have lost several lids of my containers. A couple of years ago, I went to a trash or treasure type sale and voila, there were boxes full of unmatched containers and lids of all brands. I went home and determined what I needed and bought my lids for less than a dollar each.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:45 AM

There are some limits on their lifetime replacement policy now. If an item is no longer being made the dealer may be able to get a substitute piece. I just had to return a piece because it discolored. They no longer had the same color of turquoise that I had originally purchased so I accepted a green instead. It does the job.
I went to a unique Tupperware demo back in January where the demo prepped 2 separate meals We paid a flat fee and she supplied the food and the Tupperware. Of course you could by more but everyone got 2 different sets of bowls and a chicken dinner and a pork meal. She also demoed different products and her sales were good from the get go. I don't recall what we paid for the evening out and cooking experience but it was a lot of fun. I think there were 10-12 of us and she did get 2 bookings for the same kind of party.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I use the pickle lifter tupperware containers for years, love those. It's the only Tupperware I have. The lid was iffy on the new one I bought, exchanged it and still the same lid problem. Nothing like the older version. I doubt I buy any of the newer Tupperware products. The dealer was young so had no idea that the older versions were so much better. She was amazed at the older pickle lifter I had was heavier and could tell at once it was a better quality.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:13 AM

Wonder if Tupperware would have replaced the freezer containers that my mother-in-law ruined for me. We'd stored some stuff at their house when Uncle Sam sent us to Foreign Country #2. For some strange reason (she said "to keep the damp out of them") she put mothballs in them! So when I got them back 3 years later, that camphor stench had permeated the plastic. I tried everything that people suggested, hand washing, machine washing, scrubbing with baking soda, letting them sit out in the sun for several days, but nothing worked. I finally threw them away because I couldn't trust that the smell wouldn't ruin the food in them.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
Wonder if Tupperware would have replaced the freezer containers that my mother-in-law ruined for me. We'd stored some stuff at their house when Uncle Sam sent us to Foreign Country #2. For some strange reason (she said "to keep the damp out of them") she put mothballs in them! So when I got them back 3 years later, that camphor stench had permeated the plastic. I tried everything that people suggested, hand washing, machine washing, scrubbing with baking soda, letting them sit out in the sun for several days, but nothing worked. I finally threw them away because I couldn't trust that the smell wouldn't ruin the food in them.
I don't blame you I would have thrown them away too. Mothball smell is a horrid thing, right up there with Tea Tree Oil. LOL . I won't have either in my house.