Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: car seat pillow

Blog Entries

car seat pillow

Maybe this isn't the place to ask this question but know that someone will be able to answer me. I recently saw a car seat pillow (for grandson) and they used shredded foam to fill it. Any suggestions of what I could use besides the shredded foam. I am worried that the shredded foam wouldn't wash/dry easily. I was thinking of a rolled towel covered with a flannel that could be easily removed. Any other suggestions? It looked like it would be really helpful for those trips and the nodding heads of a little one.

Latex Foam Best Alternative To Shredded foam

Quote Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask this question but know that someone will be able to answer me. I recently saw a car seat pillow (for grandson) and they used shredded foam to fill it. Any suggestions of what I could use besides the shredded foam. I am worried that the shredded foam wouldn't wash/dry easily. I was thinking of a rolled towel covered with a flannel that could be easily removed. Any other suggestions? It looked like it would be really helpful for those trips and the nodding heads of a little one.
    Hi,

For car cover pillow the best alternative to shredded foam can be latex foam which is considered as anti-bacterial, dust-mite resistant and hypoallergenic too.

You could sew a removable cover the size you wanted, then stuff with fiberfill or a precut piece of foam. I know Hancocks sells foam. I think doing it this way would be softer than a rolled up towel.

Blog Entries
    Drying a rolled towel would be laborious!!! I agree with the idea of a removeable cover. I wished that
    I had one of these pillows when traveling with my 4 yr old grandson !