Car that wouldn't stop!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 PM

Oh, my I was surpised to see so many of you weighing in on this topic, and all those that have been there & done that. Got my car repaired for $48.50! Not bad. I was not using cruise control at the time the car took off on it's own. It's 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. Turns out it was a gasket that came loose & got sucked into somthing and made something get stuck in "open." Like my great car terms? Our mechanic's slip lists "repair throttle body" and "realign idle control." I also asked him if I messed up the transmission or anything else by the way I stopped it. He said no, not at all as it's made by Mopar and it would take a lot. I am so fortunate.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 PM

Oh can I ever relate to your experience! I was driving and my car reved up and was really roaring. The roads were spotty ice and the edges were worse. I put the breaks on and was sliding. Trying to find a place to stop without ice. so I could shut the thing off and get off the road. Two lane traffic and trying to avoid everything. Did stop at one point but when I started again, then I was back at it. Stopped at a motel and called AAA. They said they would charge because I was over 30 miles from home. I did have it towed and they never found the problem, but I can tell you it is a sure way to get your adrenaline running.