Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Careful-new Medicare Scam

Careful-new Medicare Scam

I just got a call in which a man with heavy accent said they were sending a new Medicare card (sure they were!) and needed some info....asked first to verify my zip code. I told him I wasn't giving him any information unless I could verify who and from where he was calling. He hung up! It was the second call today from that number...didn't pick up the first one. The number on caller i.d. said:
    Texas call, 1-409-574-1214. Called it back and got msg, "call cannot be completed as dialed". Big surprise!

I'm sure most here would know not to give them any info but just in case.....!

Letting the answering machine pick up is the best way to handle these kind of calls.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thank you so much for the information!
    Aronel aka Lee

Blog Entries
    don't you just love telemarketers?!!! they just change their number and call you again. ask me how I know....I started complaining on the Do Not Call list every day and the calls have actually slowed down. finally!! I was beginning to be rude and that's just not me.

I say "not interested, thank you"...: ONCE....then, I hang up rather loudly...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Sometimes for fun I keep them on the line for a while just rambling and waste their time. Love to do that. It is a great form of revenge. Just repeat their questions and ask them to explain.

I ask them to hold on for a second, put the phone on mute and lay it down and walk off. After a while they will get tired of waiting and hang up.
    Sharyl

Turn it around and start asking dumb questions...they get so frustrated that it's worth the frustration of the call!

Blog Entries
    Register on the Do Not Call list then if you have caller ID you can report the time and the number.. If I do answer, which I usually don't I ask the name of the co. Seems I have gotten less since I started reporting them... Also be sure to register your cell phone.

next time you see that number on your caller ID blow a whistle in their ear, they won't bother you again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast