Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: changing to "large print"

changing to "large print"

I used to keep a note on my monitor as to how to change the size of the print on the screen. Something about scrolling on the mouse and a button on the keyboard. Well, thru monitor changes and room re-arrangings I lost the note. I know I saw it posted here a bit ago and I went back 12 pages and it was still June! My, we have a lot to talk about! So if anyone remembers that hint and wants to share it with me, I'd appreciate it. I was using my husband's laptop and it took me awhile to get used to the mouse pad being all part of the keyboard. Somehow I scrolled thru something and my email requires a magnifying glass to read it. And now that my computer is up and running, I won't have to use his laptop and I want to prove to him that I can change the print size and maybe he can translate it to his laptop! Ha! maybe I should change this thread title to 'save my marriage"!!!

Blog Entries
    I don't know how others do it but I hold down the control key and keep pushing the plus sign until I get the right size...and use the minus sign if it gets too big.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

That's a good way ~ you can also hold down 'ctrl' key and scroll with the 'wheel' on the mouse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
    That's a good way ~ you can also hold down 'ctrl' key and scroll with the 'wheel' on the mouse.
    Hey... that's a cool way too!
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Thanks Grandma Bonnie and Ranger! Tried them both now and they work. And since I am banned from the laptop only in emergencies, I 'fixed' the print size on my email before husband gets home! Now where to store the hints that I don't lose them again!!

Blog Entries
    well, if you have to put it back when you are done, you can use ctrl 0 [control key and zero]
    Nancy in western NY

Wow! Glad I read this...have lots of people to pass this on to...just called dh over to see...used to use short cuts all the time but have forgotten most of them by now...Thanks

Who knew!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I don't know how others do it but I hold down the control key and keep pushing the plus sign until I get the right size...and use the minus sign if it gets too big.
    Oh, thank you, thank you thank you!!!!
    Purl

Blog Entries
    I do what Purl does too. Works!

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad I tuned in....good information. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast