Check this out

Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

http://www.godvine.com/A-Soldier-s-S...ld-See-99.html
Old 12-10-2010, 12:32 AM

That brought tears to my eyes. I wonder if my son will be alone on Christmas Day--over 2000 miles from home.He is only 24 years old and has not been home for Christmas since 2006--11 deays after losing his beloved granny.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Banned

I'm sorry. We just seem to take them for granted. We forget what they are going through.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 AM

This made me cry. We need to get out of this war.

I have 3 brothers that served in Vietnam. Two have already passed; before they turned 55. They could not handle the memories of war, so they chose "ways to escape". Those "ways" eventually took their lives. One was born on Christmas day.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Japonica

I have 3 brothers that served in Vietnam. Two have already passed; before they turned 55. They could not handle the memories of war, so they chose "ways to escape". Those "ways" eventually took their lives. One was born on Christmas day.
I am sorry that you lost your brothers so young, I can not imagine what your parents went through having three sons serve.
We can NEVER comprehend the HELL these men went through.My heart is with each and every one. I have listened to the drunken ramblings when my brother calls at 0300, It is hard to hear the details of combat but it the least I can do for him. I have never heard him utter a word when he is sober.I have sat by many Veterens and tried to help ease the pain ,and held their hand while they took their last breath. Unfortunatly because of the "ways to escape" they choose many of their families havn't seen them for many years. They have so much torture locked inside......
Old 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Japonica

Your post breaks my heart. This happens way too much. All I can say is I'm glad they are out of their pain.