Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Chicago Quilters, Question About Your Weather >

Chicago Quilters, Question About Your Weather

Chicago Quilters, Question About Your Weather

Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Default Chicago Quilters, Question About Your Weather

I live in Florida and I don't travel up North very often. This summer, my family is having our reunion in Chicago, the second week of July. Should I take a sweater and a pair of long pants in case the weather gets chilly? Does it get chilly when it rains in the summer or is it hot. I usually wear capri pants but I hate being cold, so I just wanted to check with folks that live in the windy city. Thanks for your help with my problem.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM

You should not need warm clothes in the middle of July! You might want a light sweater in the evenings if you are going to a restaurant...just in case they have the a/c on high! We swim in late June through end of August with no problem at all.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Who knows? It was a record 86 degrees F for the Boston marathon this year when it's usually in the 50's. I would bring warm weather clothes but throw in one pair of slacks and a light jacket just in case.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Thank you luvstoquilt and Tartan. That really answers my question. I'm bringing my rain poncho, a sweater and one pair of long pants, just in case.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Chicago in July is hot and humid. I'd bring a sweater or light jacket, though, for air conditioned buildings. Sometimes they can be really freezing. A pair of slacks would probably be a good idea--just in case. Downtown, near the lake, can be cooler than away from the lake, especially at night. In Chicago, it's best to be prepared for anything....lol.....
Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM

Yes, Chicago is usally hot and humid in the summer, but the weather is very changeable. Chicago can be very windy, so a light sweater or jacket would be good to bring (especially for air conditioned buildings. You should be fine with capris, but you never know when the weather is going to turn, so bring a pair of long pants as well. I always travel with at least one pair of long pants no matter where I go.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Yes July can be really quite Hot here. But if you plan on doing anything indoors at museum's and the like , they can be very cool as they really crank the A/C.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:21 PM

definitely bring a pair of pants...in the evening the mosquitos will be hot and heavy. Weather is very changeble here...90 degrees one day 70 the next with a storm inbetween.
have a great time here!