Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle

Does any one here know anything about the christian mingle site? I have seen that it says it that it is
    free. My daughter says that it costs 80.00 to join.

Blog Entries
    It is free to "join" but then costs about $60 (for 3 months) to actually communicate and exchange photos, etc.

Blog Entries
    this is the way all of the dating sites get listings... it is free to look, but you have to place a profile to see the ads. thus, for free, you are looking at lots of ads that are not from active members, so you won't be able to communicate with them
    Nancy in western NY

I get emails from them. Goes straight into my spam folder. I don't think my Husband of over 51 years would want me to date. Christian or not.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Be careful. I recently saw on tv where a woman was briefly seeing someone from meeting at Christian mingle and he is now in jail for serious crimes. Even criminals are signing up there. I'll see if I can find the story for you... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1266583
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Jingle, you made me laugh out loud! I shared it with my DH and he laughed too, and said, "probably not."

I have been happily married for the last ten years. I met my DH on Match.com in 2001. My granddaughters (17 at the time) thought it was scandalous.

A couple at our church met through Christian Mingle and found it a very happy and rewarding experience. So yep, it can and does work for lots of folks. BUT . . . I would say proceed with caution with any dating site the same way you would if you were first getting to know someone in the virtual world . There are good and bad people everywhere in the world, online and in person, so it is a given that even on the best of dating sites, there will be a few bad ones. Proceed cautiously, use common sense and really get to know someone in public places and with friends around. Good dating advice no matter what method we use to meet and date.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzette316 View Post
    A couple at our church met through Christian Mingle and found it a very happy and rewarding experience. So yep, it can and does work for lots of folks. BUT . . . I would say proceed with caution with any dating site the same way you would if you were first getting to know someone in the virtual world . There are good and bad people everywhere in the world, online and in person, so it is a given that even on the best of dating sites, there will be a few bad ones. Proceed cautiously, use common sense and really get to know someone in public places and with friends around. Good dating advice no matter what method we use to meet and date.
    AMEN!! Just because they named the site "Christian" doesn't guarantee the participants are as white as the driven snow. If you want to be sure, start at your church, where everyone is known .

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I get emails from them. Goes straight into my spam folder. I don't think my Husband of over 51 years would want me to date. Christian or not.

Cute!!

Thanks for the chuckle.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast