Christian Mingle

Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 AM

I don't know much about Christian Mingle but I do know a lot of people who have met their spouses on dating websites. It probably isn't any riskier than meeting someone in a bar or wherever. Just proceed with a lot of caution. Make sure you look with your brain before you let your heart take over. Weirdos are all over these days.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I don't know much about Christian Mingle but I do know a lot of people who have met their spouses on dating websites. It probably isn't any riskier than meeting someone in a bar or wherever. Just proceed with a lot of caution. Make sure you look with your brain before you let your heart take over. Weirdos are all over these days.
I met my husband in a biker bar. He is the best man I have ever met.
I had seen him in there once before but we didn't speak to each other. Then I was in there because my car broke down and I was waiting for my roommates husband to come help after he got off work.
I was sitting at the bar drinking a coke. And he walked up and we started talking and have been together ever since. That was 11 years ago.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 AM

I tried Christian Mingle and was disappointed in it. I tried others including Match dot com and met my husband on a website I can't remember the name of. Anyway he was on another site and when we looked apparently many of the sites are connected. That being said I met many men that I would not want to meet twice but I made sure I met them in a public place and made sure my adult sons knew where I was going and when I would check in with them. Always be careful. But the end result is that I met a wonderful man who had raised his family alone as well and within a year and a half we got married. That was 7 years ago and he has proven over and over again that he is top notch and is a fine upstanding christian man. The problem with places like Christian Mingle is that there are a lot of people who claim to be Christian that may not be or they are over zealous. Again always be careful but my life has become more than I could have hoped after meeting and marrying my husband. I hope that helps. Also if you decide to go on don't go on and wait for interest. Look at those you might be interested in, read their profiles carefully (they will often say something that isn't quite right) and then send them a quick note and see if you get a response. I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Be careful. I recently saw on tv where a woman was briefly seeing someone from meeting at Christian mingle and he is now in jail for serious crimes. Even criminals are signing up there. I'll see if I can find the story for you... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1266583
There was another one here in the Charlotte area that was getting stalked and getting death threats from someone she met on Christian Mingle. I would be very careful on any dating site. Always meet in a public place and never give out your addess and phone number until you know the person is not a threat.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 AM

Now days here in our area, going to church to meet someone is not always so safe either. We don't know everyone anymore who has joined our churches since the oil boom came to North Dakota. We have had a lot of killings, beatings, drugs and many other things happening in the past few years, more so now than ever. Also the accident rates are up with all the big trucks and everyone in a hurry. There are so many truckers who only get paid by however many loads they haul, which means they are in a big hurry to make as much as they can in a day.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM

Be cautious; be very cautious. I know someone who is not divorced that is on Christian mingle. He is not very nice to say the least and often uses (or misuses) the word Christian.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:10 PM

I joined Christian mingle a few years ago and Imediatly with drew It was full of men most older like me but were looking for sexy young women. Some claimed to be preachers but were actually just looking for sex
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM

I have a friend who divorced her husband because he had affairs, and while the divorce was going on he and a bunch of his friends got on Christian Mingle, not because they were Christians, since they weren't religious, but because they figured they could meet less demanding women for quick sex with no strings on the men's part. They did meet women, represented themselves as single and wanting to get married, and got plenty of sex. It became a contest. One was divorced with no plans to remarry ever, and the others were married claiming to be single. They all got together and rented one "love nest" and each one of them told each woman it was their home, their "bachelor pad". Then they dumped the women -- when the women wanted the advertised commitment -- with no explanation and found other women on Christian Mingle. Some of the guys introduced the woman to their friend if she didn't want to be dumped and the friend slept with her, or tried. You've got to be careful.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 04-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM

I met my husband of 10 yrs this coming August on eHarmony and my sister in law met her husband on the same site 6yrs ago. We both are happily married I was 34 when I met my hubby he is a good man. I dated a lot of toads through the traditional way before I decided to try this and he was the 2nd person I communicated with but 1st one I met in person. We married 6 months after that. Has a good job does not drink or party and is not abusive in anyway. He had never been married and had no children I had adaughter who was 9 now almost 20 and he has been a good father to her and she calls him dad. We do have a 8yr old daughter together. Just be very careful there can be creeps anywhere.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 PM

I will start by apologizing in advance for the length of this post.....

There is one "free" dating website that I'm aware of, it is called Plenty Of Fish or POF... It is as free as you can find out there. I'm not advertising for them or affiliated in any way other than I do use that site.

To join you do need to create a profile but it gives you free access to other folks profiles and you can send an unlimited amount of messages back and forth as well as use their "instant message" chat.
They do offer an "upgraded membership" that you have to pay for... but the upgrade memberships don't really offer anything you cannot live without...
1 Year @ $6.78/month ($81.40)
6 Months @ $8.50/month ($51.00)
3 Months @ $11.80/month ($35.40)

This is what you get if you upgrade...and what POF claims....
'This upgrade more than doubles your chances of meeting someone.
Show up first on Meet Me!, Unlock every user's Extended Profile, See if your emails were read or deleted, Experience POF ad-free, Find out the date and time someone viewed your profile, See who viewed your profile and you voted yes/maybe on, Massive increase in emails, Number of people viewing your profile, Number of people viewing your profile triples, Use themes on your profile, Stand out in all searches, Send unlimited free gifts on email, Send three free profile gifts per day, Find out who is most attracted to you."

As with any dating site or chat room for that matter, please be smart...

Do not ever give out any personal information like name, address, phone number etc.
If someone wants your number, ask for theirs, only if you feel comfortable, and then place a call to them that will come through with your phone number as being unavailable, restricted etc...

Do not ever give out your real e-mail address - create a new email just for dating purposes- for example instead of [email protected] do [email protected]

Do not ever give information about, or links to your Facebook account if you have one.. they can easily access information there about you, your kids, your family etc..... you don't need to be stalked.

If you should get to the point that you meet someone, always do so in a public place - coffee shop, fast food restaurant, food court at the mall… etc Never leave with that person or let them into your car.
Tell a friend when and where you are going to meet this new person and have them call you to check in and make sure everything is ok… I have code words set up with a friend.. she'll call and say she's at the grocery store and ask whether I need anything or not…. If all is well I'll reply with "sure I need some pineapple" (universal symbol for welcome and friendship) or if things are not going well, I'll say "could you pick me up some Cheerios" (serial (cereal) killer… ) lol not a good situation

Or even better yet, if possible, have your friend come with you but sit separately so that they can observe and keep an eye on you, available to intervene if necessary…

If/when you do meet someone for the first time, feel free to ask to see their drivers license. Just because they show up doesn't mean they are who they say they are or who they have portrayed themselves to be. If everything is on the up and up they won't be offended to prove to you who they are.

I've been internet dating for just about four months and have been lied to quite frequently…
Men have said they are separated, single and widowed, when they were actually in fact married.
I'm very open minded and "street smart" so to say, but the number of openly married men looking for "extra curricular" activity was very surprising to me~ far more than I would have imagined.

If you feel uncomfortable and see red flags…GO WITH YOUR INSTINCTS! Gut instincts are always correct. I was interacting on line with someone for a minimum of 3 hours a day for 5 weeks and right from the very start I didn't only see red flags but I saw that the whole road was painted red.
Did I listen? NOPE! Because he was playful and fun and he had an amazing sense of humor and he made me laugh and I was sooo intrigued and captivated with the attention….
I'm lucky it ended with me only having a "broken heart" after I found out he was married and it was all just lies…

Again, I apologize for this post being so long. I'm just trying to hopefully pass on some helpful information….
Have fun, be safe and by all means take everything with a grain of salt when talking to people on line and only believe a quarter of what you are told

Btw, I do go to church but there are some pretty slim pickings there and only so many available men…

Last edited by SusieG; 04-27-2013 at 03:02 PM.