Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gifts for surprise guests

Every year with out fail some one brings unexcpeted guests to our house usualy while it's gift opening time I cringe trying to thik what have i got I can give them as a small gift. I know it's not manditory but I feel better whenI can do it. BUT im out of gifts and out of ideas. Please help with any and all sujestions

Blog Entries
    Table runners or a pair of pretty table mats will be nice in a Christmassy color.

Or a fancy Christmas stocking. I got one as a gift many years ago and cherish it even now. It is a Victorian one, crazy quilted in lovely velvet and laces.

How about a set of criss-cross coasters.

Every year I make up several "gifts in a jar." Brownie mix, soup mix, hot chocolates, you get the idea. The good thing is that they are unisex gifts. A quart jar with ingredients, a circle of Christmas fabric on the top secured with a pretty ribbon makes a wonderful gift that shows you did a little something special.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lnikkers52
    Every year with out fail some one brings unexcpeted guests to our house usualy while it's gift opening time I cringe trying to thik what have i got I can give them as a small gift. I know it's not manditory but I feel better whenI can do it. BUT im out of gifts and out of ideas. Please help with any and all sujestions
    The first year my mother got married to the father of my brother and sister, she made us go to her in-law's house for Christmas. They were absolutely shocked that we showed up (because they had been particularly nasty to my mom). We were planted in the living room, and in the background we heard shuffling of furniture and banging of drawers. Finally they came back in with a set of dishes that had been hastily wrapped in left-over paper. SO, in a pinch, go for the Corelware. lol

How about some quilted ornaments, or potholders, or coasters?

I have some book marks, candles and tissue covers with the small pacs of tissues and always have some Hershey Kisses on hand.....lots of tissue and a very small gift bag and you're ready to go.

I keep a few gift cards on hand and box them with a homemade ornament or small candies or homemade cookies. Then after Christmas, I am into any leftovers (I make sure the gift cards are something I would use) and away I go!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by lnikkers52
    The first year my mother got married to the father of my brother and sister, she made us go to her in-law's house for Christmas. They were absolutely shocked that we showed up (because they had been particularly nasty to my mom). We were planted in the living room, and in the background we heard shuffling of furniture and banging of drawers. Finally they came back in with a set of dishes that had been hastily wrapped in left-over paper. SO, in a pinch, go for the Corelware. lol
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep bottles of wine on hand...in nice bags I've made. Then any leftovers can be MINE!! :mrgreen: If you don't want to do alcohol, then fudge is a good substitute... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast