Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Movies on Television

Is it just me or are they not showing much. One channel here had some and another showed "Christmas Vacation" (Chevy Chase) 10 times in five nights. I was hoping they would have Albert Finney as Scrooge, or Bing Crosby in "Holiday Inn". Anyone else notice this?

Blog Entries
    I watched White Christmas the other night :D There have been a lot of the newer ones on the last couple of weeks, all 3 of the "The Santa Clause" and the one with Arnold Schwartnegger (sp) and a bunch on lifetime and a few other channels. I am waiting for more of the tradional ones, too!!!

The Hallmark channel is running Christmas movies everyday from 12 noon-12 midnight.
    Some are reruns, some are new.

Rose Hall

Banned
    I always love TNT when they show "A Christmas Story" all day on Christmas. That is by far my favorite Christmas movie and yes we watch the movie all day long on Christmas!!! :mrgreen:

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I watched White Christmas the other night :D There have been a lot of the newer ones on the last couple of weeks, all 3 of the "The Santa Clause" and the one with Arnold Schwartnegger (sp) and a bunch on lifetime and a few other channels. I am waiting for more of the tradional ones, too!!!
    "Turboman your Mine!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jingle all the way is the name of that one, and I love that one too.

Billy

Blog Entries
    I like the older tv Christmas specials, The Walton's Christmas, Little House on the Prairie Christmas, Young Pioneers, shows like that. I haven't seen them on tv in years. One movie that is rarely shown is Santa Claus: The Movie with Dudley Moore. It's one of the better ones.

I too, have been watching the Hallmark Channel with all their Christmas movies. Its great. Marge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    "Turboman your Mine!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jingle all the way is the name of that one, and I love that one too.

Billy
    Lol I love Tim Allen :D:D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mic-pa
    I too, have been watching the Hallmark Channel with all their Christmas movies. Its great. Marge
    Lookie, another "folksy" movie lover like me. Sometimes I even cry over these movies! Ah, Christmas!

Banned
    In the movie "A Christmas Story" Ralphie is wanting a Red Ryder BB Gun and everyone is telling him "You'll shoot your eye out". Well my wife and I went to Bass Pro Shops and what did they have but a huge display of Red Ryder BB Guns!!

Guess what I'm getting for Christmas! :mrgreen:

Billy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast