Christmas news letters

Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Do you like them or not? I don't do any, but get a few each year. I like to hear general stuff, (kids all well, new grandbaby, just retired, etc). But don't get too detailed (smart child #1 got all A's on his report card, but smart child #2 got a B on his).
What kind of stuff do you like to hear about, if you enjoy getting those types of letters?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I love receiving family/friends newsletters, I like to hear it all :D:D:D
Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

I like them ok. I like short and upbeat. My life centers around quilting so mine says, "Ruth is still quilting". Merry Christmas!:)
Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 AM

I would rather see a picture of everyone. It seems like the letters we get are SO long. I agree with short & sweet.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

I've always had the urge to send one with every bad thing that happened all year but I'm too chicken !! lol
I just think it would be a hoot.
I like them if I really like the people involved. Some are just long-winded and boring! :)
I guess it just depends who sends it.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 AM

I don't send them but I don't mind receiving them. If someone takes the time to write them, I'm willing to read them. My husband hates them, he always makes some wise comment we when get them.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
Do you like them or not? I don't do any, but get a few each year. I like to hear general stuff, (kids all well, new grandbaby, just retired, etc). But don't get too detailed (smart child #1 got all A's on his report card, but smart child #2 got a B on his).
What kind of stuff do you like to hear about, if you enjoy getting those types of letters?
I hate them. One year my DDIL and I collaberated on a letter for her to send out. It was hilarious. It was so exaggerated about her 2 kids that no one could have ever believed it. My DGD at the time was 2 and we told about how she was in ballet and the Metropolitan Ballet was trying to recruit her; stuff like that. The family and close friends who knew her well thought it was hilarious. I have a former neighbor who always sends me a letter that makes me want to choke; about all their trips and how active they are in their church, etc. I'm lucky to write a 2-line note on the bottom of mine. This year I will be lucky to even send out a card.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:18 AM

I add a personal note if I have time. But some of them read like "My life is so perfect", it is more like a slap in the face then a newsy letter from a friend. So I guess I am in the don't like them groupp :roll: :? :oops:
Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 AM

I send them every year. I keep them short and sweet. I have many friends that we only keep in contact at Christmas so it's our way of keeping up with each other. I don't send them to everyone just the ones I haven't heard from for a while. I enjoy hearing where everyone is and what they are doing. Like someone else said I don't want a play by play of every single thing but it's nice to keep up with them.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Grann6, that would be hilarious!! Now if I got one of those I'd enjoy it- like I said I want to do one about all bad things as a joke but haven't yet :D