Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Christmas Plans?

Holli, The idea of a Jack Horner Pie is a great idea .

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    DH has to work tonite (12/25)so we had our Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. No plans for sure, might just work on finishing up my sewing room to be at least workable !LOL

Merry Christmas to all- Hope Santa was really good to you all ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We changed our family Christmas to the weekend early because the kids spent the 24th and 25th running all over and couldn't have time at home with their own kids. Sounds great right? All that meant was that the in-laws now get both days and we are at home alone. I've tried unsuccessfully to get DH to make another tradition for us, but I guess he keeps hoping the kids will invite us etc. Hasn't happened in five years so I doubt it does.

This is my last xmas to work, I am retiring from public safety at the end of May. Looking forward to spending xmas with the grandson and family instead of working.

Spent the day at our son's house with DS, DDIL and DGS #1. DD , DSIL and DGS# 2 will be here on the 27th. DSIL's parents are divorced, so they have 2 places to go for his family get-togethers. Our dinner with all our kids and grandkids will be on the 29th.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
    .....a Jack Horner Pie.
    What a fabulous idea!! I have sent it to my daughters and nieces for their new traditions ideas. Thank you!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

We just got back from Aurora CO late last night. My DS and his 2DD's live there. We left Friday late afternoon from Normal IL and drove straight through (with gas and potty breaks and dinner in Springfield IL). Christmas was great. The girls liked all the gifts we gave them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4