Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting plans for the long weekend?

What are your quilting plans for this Thanksgiving weekend? No shopping for me, every spare minute will be spent in my sewing room.

I'm at work, impatiently waiting for DH to sign the last Christmas card that I will mail out to our clients before I leave at noon, then I'm going home to quilt! I have to cook my share of family meal for tomorrow, but my daughter is going to spend the long weekend with her grandmother and DH is leaving to go to the football game with his cousin.

I don't get much alone time, and I'm going to spend as much of it as I can sewing. I'm going to alternate machine quilting the final parts of one quilt and starting a lap quilt for DH for Christmas. I was going to do it in Diamond Stars, but then decided that I wanted to do my first log cabin. I have bought all my supplies and groceries, so I hope to be able to stay in all weekend.

I am going to friends homes for Thanksgiving. While I a m waiting in the morning I will sew and when I get back I will sew. No Black Friday for me. I want to live and not be stomped on. :shock: :( :wink: :lol: :oops: :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by bebe
    I am going to friends homes for Thanksgiving. While I a m waiting in the morning I will sew and when I get back I will sew. No Black Friday for me. I want to live and not be stomped on. :shock: :( :wink: :lol: :oops: :roll:
    I'm with you bebe! I used to go out on Friday when I was younger and could run faster. And it was not so nuts. I don't need to spend money that bad!

I go to the fabric store on Friday lol everyone else is rushing in to the electronic store or Walmart or something and there I am waiting for my fabric! lol
    Hugs
    April

Banned
    I will enjoy family time Thanksgiving day and take in the ball games then its off to the Black Friday sales at 3am Friday morning. When the day is over then I'll make a big pitcher of Long Island Teas and go to the studio and start quilting my Daughters JD quilt that I finished pinning last nite.

Billy

Trying to finish up my kimono quilt for a dear friend for Christmas.

No quilting for me. I have to finish our stockings first. They are of felted wool. One down, second one half done, two more to go . . . tick-tock goes the clock!

Blog Entries
    I get to cook tomorrow for DH and my 2 DS and whatever strays they usually bring with them. Not much time for sewing as I have to work on Friday, but I am binding a quilt and hope to have it finished this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving all!

:cry: :cry: No quilting for me. I am one-armed. I may try (sneaking of course) doing some next week

Oh I love alone time! You will have fun.

I will probably TRY to get my niece's quilt quilted and maybe try to finish my wreath wall hanging.

I am cooking dinner and then Friday or Saturday am going to Joann's they have coupons on their site for both days 20% of total purchase and 50% off single item. I also have my flyer from them with more coupons.
    Have a great Thanksgiving everybody.

Blog Entries
    Me 3 about the Black Friday. I did that two years in a row with my daughters, and it was not worth the effort.

I'll be spending the weekend quilting. My oldest DD is hosting tomorrow, but we're all contributing the side dishes. I'm cooking in the a.m., cause we don't have to be to her house till about 2:00. I love spending the time with the grandkids....especially on the holidays. But I'll need every minute of Friday and Saturday to quilt my quilt.

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving!!! Janice

I will be working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Twelve hour days. No special plans for me. I had a long weekend last weekend.

Blog Entries
    Thursday we are going to my son's, they need help with the baby while they put up the tree. There was no hestitation in saying yes we would be there. We are having shrimp on the grill. Friday we are going to be at Walmart at 5am. I don't usually do this but DH wants a lap top and we are going to stand in line to buy him (and me) one. I am so proud of him for wanting a laptop. So far the only thing the can do on line is Craiglist. He will be 72 on Sunday and, yes, he's a little behind, but finally he's moving in the right direction. Got to brag on him again. Yesterday he drove 180 miles to get me two dining room chairs that I wanted. Our local store only had 4 and I wanted 6. Need them by this Sunday.

This weekend is all about quilting - eating - more quilting - and lots and lots of football. :D

Blog Entries
    I'm afraid I probably won't get much sewing done this weekend as we're preparing for our cruise. :)

Not sure how many of you are aware, but many of the Black Friday sale items are available online NOW. Some you can buy and pick up at the store, or some you can choose to have delivered. It's so much easier! I did almost all of my big shopping last year this way. No trampling!

I used to go shopping on Black Friday, back in my younger days. Now I have only one nerve left and even shopping Costco or Walmart in the middle of the week in the morning can sometimes get too interesting. I'm spending the long weekend quilting, I need to get 2 quilts done by Christmas and I've been dragging my feet and here it is amost 11th hour. Yes I create my own stress.

Blog Entries
    I plan on quilting, eating, sleeping, quilting, napping, eating....all weekend long LOL

I will not patronize any store that makes its employees be at work at 4AM. That is just downright cruel.

I will be hand quilting one of the two tops that I have pinned up.

I bought all the fabric and everything I need to make quilted tote bags for Xmas presents. I planned to get started the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Then I got this nasty cold. Not H1n1 - no fever. But I don't fell like sewing.

The good thing - I won't be out shoping on Black Friday.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have to work, but am going to make a fabric birthday card in the morning for a co worker, and put my wall hanging together so I can top stitch it, may finish a casserole carrier too before work. (I work 1-7 tomorrow)

No quilting for me this weekend since we're up in a rented cabin in the mountains for a week and there just wasn't enough room in the car to pack even my featherweight and a project. :( I'm crocheting hats and scarves for a couple of my favorite little girls who wanted them. Haven't crocheted in a very long time, but it's something to do with my hands while we're up here.

Hope all of you enjoyed spending your time as chosen this past weekend. I was with family, or on the road to and from. The only shopping we did this weekend was to look for a car for our DD, who was broad-sided and is currently driving my car. (I have been getting a lot of quilting done while I am stranded here at home! It was nice to go to see family :lol: :lol: :lol: