Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? >

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend?

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 PM

I am excited again!!! My DGD is coming for a sleepover tonight. I cut out 3 more star blocks for the soldiers and am going to teach her how to assemble them. Then she has a couple things she started the last time she was here. She and I always have such fun together. She is 12 going on 15 with quite a sense of humor. I may even show her how fun the new June Tailor rulers are. My cuts are so much more accurate now. Then I have more mending for my friend, adding new elastic to waistbands and shortening pants to capris. What are you all doing?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM

work,ugh
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 PM

I have some blocks that I need to finish for swaps and for BOM. I hope I get to do some sewing!! Need to do 3 baby quilts and finish 3 lap quilts that our ladies at church have started. Other than that nothing! If I weren't so tired from working and have so much on my plate I think I would get it all done quickly.....but not a chance!

I am hopefully get my log cabin quilt (top) completed. It is coming along nicely now that I have decided what layout I want to use. And it is going to be plenty big... Love it when things work out... :)
Enjoy your granddaughter - you are so lucky! I tried to get my granddaughter interested in quilting, but unfortunately, she can't see past her boyfriend to get interested in anything else. She is 16 (going on 12) - but I love her!

Sounds like a fun, full weekend!

I have to wake up for work on Saturday at 5am until 3pm. Then I'm going to come home and veg out for a little while. I hope to get some sewing done, clean my pet rats' cage, prep the old cage I'm selling on Sunday, do some laundry, etc.

Sunday I get to see a friend who may as well be my sister! I haven't gotten to see her since my/our Granddad died, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Google Goddess

working on taxes, cleaning house, laundry,

still organizing my craft stuff, I am finding duplicate books
bj

Birthday party with 5 yo grandson on Saturday (it's at a bumper car/laser tag place...YIKES!) and maybe a movie on Sunday. His mom and dad are out of town for a few days, so it's party time with Boppa and Granny!

I probably won't get much fun time in. We've had sooo much rain that our yard is swampy and I've got a big dog so I'm gonna have to shark the floors. We've also got some water in our basement so I'll have to get that cleaned up. Hopefully I'll get a little time in to piece.

Susan
Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 PM

Sat - In the a.m. I'm going to try to get some more of my sewing room cleaned up & re-arranged. Because...mid day I am picking up a curio cabinet I found on Craiglist for in the sewing room. Already started folding my fabric all nice & pretty to go in the cabinet. Hope to do some sewing in the afternoon.
Sun - we are having a bbq to celebrate my step-son's 21st Birthday.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm trying to finish up a baby quilt for my niece's new baby. Needed that one last piece for the back and it's in the washer now. If I can get hubby to occupy himself with the tv, I might actually get it done this weekend. Probably not going to happen.

I've got several things I need to work on, but finding time has been difficult. I don't have a dedicated sewing area, so I spend a lot of time setting up/taking down.