Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?

Just wondering if anyone had made special plans for the upcoming weekend. We're gonna have a cookout on Sunday at my daughters. I will spend Sat. taking care of all the graves. My mom keeps up alot of her families but she really needs help now at age 79. Then of course we will go over to the kids' but we've already washed the stones and so on. Because the many friends of our girls and neice, there are all kinds of things left on their plots. Its sad to take them off, but they leave stuffed animals and things like that, that just have to go. On my son Sams grave there are alot of matchbox cars that his son has left there. I wash the grass off them and return them to their place. Anyway...I hope you all have a great weekend...remember to make memories with family and cherish each other!
    hugs

Does baling hay count? We do all small square bales, so it should be fun (uh huh).

thought hubby and son were leaving in the a.m. he is sick- hoping he will not cancel this trip. I have sooooo many things planned- sewing, gardening, building my ironing table, cleaning out stuff he doesn't need to see leave the house.... the list goes on and on....

and a picnic, even if it's me and the 2 dogs. :)

My DH and I are going to my granddaughters for a cook out and graduation party on Sunday. My Great Granddaughter's graduation from high school and she has been excepted to Marshall University Medical School.

I had knee surgery yesterday. My plans are to plant myself in my Lazy-boy and read a couple of books while the Polar Care is running and icing my knee.

We had our long weekend in Canada last weekend. We helped my hubby's sis and her hubby move into their cottage that they bought just minutes from our house! Now hubby has family here! Even if it is just on weekends during the summer! And we just had a hot tub installed so we spent lots of time in that! We had lobsters! Nice weekend!

A Memorial Weekend is such a nice idea. That's one holiday I wouldn't mind borrowing from our neighbours!

Blog Entries
    I am going to a BBQ on Sunday with some family and then a few days with DD's and my grands for a couple of days :D:D:D

Pam
    Going to visit good frineds at their campsite on Sat. and on Sun a neighborhood get together. Small town/country life is the way to go.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be quilting! :lol:

I have a "debriefing" meeting with the parent group at my DD's school (at the member with the pool and poolside bar :lol:) on friday, and I don't have to go back to work till Wednesday morning. I plan to be sewing a lot of the time, working in the garden, maybe making some jam if there are enough strawberries to harvest, maybe doing some other work/chores around the house.

I believe I will be visiting my parents' and grandparents' graves. No keeping up to do as they are all in Golden Gate National Cemetery, which is a military cemetary.

Nothing else planned except for sewing if I feel like it.

Oh wow...hope your knee heals quickly!

Hubby and daughter are painting the deck and fences. I will be put my kitchen back together. It has been torn apart all week. Hopefully they will be done. Having it partially remodeled because of the ice damage during the severe winter storm in Pittsburgh. Usually go to husband's home town and tend to his parent's graves. May have to do that next weekend. This painting should have been done last spring.

Banned
    Nope, hubby just had surgery. I might grill him a steak if he's nice. :lol:

Blog Entries
    I am HOPEFULLY sewing and posting my progress here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-46121-1.htm
    Stop by and let us know what you're sewing/eating/drinking!

I say hopefully because I have 4 days off and you know how house projects seem to pop up that need that amount of time to do...sun porch...deeeeep cleaning.....painting....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    How 'bout some taters ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

On Sat I will do the usual things (cleaning/laundry/etc) and then on Sunday the rest of the family will go to the 500. I will stay home and sew...and also go to a grad party. Then, our youngest daughter will get home her study abroad in China that night! On Monday we will barbeque. I love these long weekends! Then it will be back to school till June 8th.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetM
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    How 'bout some taters ?
    Thats a funky tater :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Working Sat and Sun, (DH is off Sat and Sun). I'm off Mon (DH works Mon!
    We may do a picnic Sat after I get off work if it isn't raining.
    Mon I'll be sewing/quilting, cleaning, reorganizing and putting 100's +/- of pics on a CD to get them printed out for a 'show and tell' photo/scrap book album of my quilts and projects.

Blog Entries
    William's mom is coming on Saturday, William and I work Saturday and Sunday, but we close on Monday, so we'll take off then with the camper and head out to the campground...we'll have a dinner party Tuesday evening...we have a blast with those! Last year's dinner party was a cranberry/apple glazed pork loin, wild rice pilaf, bacon wrapped corn, and cake with homemade ice cream.
    Not sure yet what we'll do this year! :)

Since it will be a 3 day weekend my plans are to do my row robin row- my center for the round robin, my June doll quilt, and try to squeeze in my snowmen. Oh and to stay away from the swaps area lol

We are going camping friday thru monday, i usually take some kind of quilting and never get around to it.

Blog Entries
    hope you are feeling better and please take care of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I had knee surgery yesterday. My plans are to plant myself in my Lazy-boy and read a couple of books while the Polar Care is running and icing my knee.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    hope you are feeling better and please take care of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Thanks Crafty-bear. I am doing well!! It is not hurting too much, though it is quite swollen, even though it is tightly wrapped from foot to knee to keep it from doing that, feels really tight. We can take off the wrap and dressings this afternoon. Fortunately I was able to ditch the crutches today and can limp my way around the house, though I am avoiding the stairs!!!!

Mmmmmm home-made Ice cream sounds good, we used to camp on Memorial day and make home-made ice cream!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Finish painting the porch and put up all the trim pieces on the wall. That's a must! The rest- - - just spend some time with my honey and cook a meal or two for us.

I will be spending most of the weekend working and visit the gravesides Monday. When my youngest was small she would ask, " can we go visit grandma and grandpa. " They passed when she was very small so this was her only link to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast