Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: clueless son

a regular here
    My son is so clueless. He just called and asked if I had any white thread. A quilter not have white thread???? What was he thinking? He is a reserve deputy and needs to sew on his patches.

LOL. Funny Man

Now Mom, don't you know he was thinking maybe Mom will just sew these on for me? And I bet you will! I would, if I had a chance. LOL

I'm just amazed he didn't just show up and do the "puppy eyes" and whine... "mmmooommm, I nneeeedd these sewed on"... at least that is what my son does when he needs something sewed on his National Guard uniform....of course I fold and do it :)

Blog Entries
    Sounds to me like a hint that says "Hey, Mom, can you put these darn patches on my jacket/shirt?"
    I think we've all heard that before. If you had white thread, then he could ask what kind of needle would he have to buy......

Ha ha! My sense of humor ... I would have said "hmmm ... let me check" then put the phone down and just left it for a while. A long while :)

a regular here
    I told him I would do it for him, but he said he was bored and wanted something to do. He just left and is going to try, if it isn't right then mom gets them.

Well, what kind of white thread did he need? Cotton? Poly? Rayon? Embroidery? I bet you had several kinds! I'm impressed he's going to sew the patches on himself. Go son! You have raised a good one!

silly boy...lol

Years ago my Mom got a knock on her door around 1 am. She looked out the peephole and it was our State Trooper friend. She let him in and he told her that while he was making a bust he split his pants. She gave him her bathrobe and sewed up the huge split in his drawers! We have laughed about this for years. Then on my Mom's birthday years later, he gave them to her as a gift.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast