Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Collage done in Guild class

Collage done in Guild class

Today, the San Joaquin Valley Quilt Guild in Fresno, Ca had Patt Blair as the instructor for Collage. What an encouraging experience. Because we were all familiar with each other, we got right into the project. So much sharing between instructor and amoung students-we got to try all kinds of tools. So here's mine; collage with predyed pfd 200 Thread count cotton fabric, top layer of paper napkins, photo's from the newspaper, prismacolor, sharpie extrafine, and whatever else I can't remember.Name:  Patt Blair's Class_edited-1.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  775.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Wish I had been there. Sounds like a exciting class and bet you learned a lot!

Power Poster
    ​Very neat!

Oh that looks like fun!!! Can you tell us more about it? Does she have a web site, perhaps with some tutes and more info?

Patt's web site: www.pattsart.com.

For $20 lab fee (I didn't have to buy any other materials), Patt brought LOTS of STUFF to work with. She provided the base fabric, brushes, inks, paints, dyes, medium. She is very knowledgeable. She'd tried most everything (art wise) we asked about. She was very adept at accepting our out-of-the-box thinking.

The first part of class we chose "stuff" to put onto our base material and moved it around and made a plan. Then adhered it to the fabric. Lunch and let it dry. After lunch we embellished. There was plenty of time to complete the project.