Coloring

Old 04-18-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by karensue View Post
I have looked at these coloring books often since just about every type of store carries them.
I wanted to get one for my 86 year old mom but the designs are so intense, I would rather have less tiny areas to color.
What are your opinions?
I found some at Dollar Tree that have several designs with large spaces. For only $1 it would become worth a try.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 AM

Yes, I have been bit by the coloring bug. Having an inquisitive 3 year old living here now, makes me reluctant to use my rotary cutter or even let her know it exists. She has a bad case of "I want to do what Nana ( me) does." I found a wonderful thick "Paisleys" coloring book at Michaels. I have been working with felt pens, but DH just got me colored pencils, so I will try that next. I might even have to break out the box of 120 crayons he got me for designing quilts to try.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:43 AM

I scan them into the computer boot up the paint program and go to work. This way if my color choice isn't, "all that" I can try again. And any I like I can print out. I hate to write in any book even a coloring book. Crazy right?
Old 04-19-2016, 04:06 AM
pal

I got some to trace and then embroider and appliqué. The book I got is Scandinavian and is all scenes. Love it!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:07 AM

karensue, you might also want to check Wal-Mart. I saw some coloring books there which had larger designs. I think they were near the toy department, as opposed to the regular book area. I thought the pages were really nice and would be easy for someone with less dexterity.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:57 AM

I did not color well in school. Nothing has changed. But the coloring books for adults are amazing in detail. They have been suggested for memory care patients, btw. I can understand offering them to the homebound and assisted living and nursing home patients who are able to do so. Neat!
sandy
Old 04-20-2016, 03:02 AM

When I was small I got in trouble with my Arabian nights coloring book. I was coloring Scheherazade's lips with of course a beautiful red crayon & I was pressing down hard & over and over to make her lips really shiny like real lipstick. I got in trouble because I was 'wasting' my crayon by pressing too much. I guess 5 kids under the age of 10 put a big dent in the crayon budget...lol. I would color again, if I didn't have a zillion other things to do as well - learning quilting, papercutting, making a slipcover & skirt - pulling weeds!
Old 04-20-2016, 03:46 AM

I bought my adult daughter coloring books and pencils for Christmas. She finds it very relaxing from her high pressure job (Needs assessment counselor for mental health patients in crisis). I decided yesterday it might help release some of my stress so went to JoAnn's and ended up purchasing the same books for me that I had purchased for her! I must have really like those two books!
Old 04-20-2016, 03:57 AM

I buy mine at the dollar tree. I buy alot when I find them.They may great gifts for people who are ill or laid up.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

I bought one and colored about 1/8 of one page. I lost interest really fast. I guess it's not for me.