Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Is Gone But More Coming....Food Ideas?????

Banned
    This batch of company left today. :thumbup: But I have another batch coming Tuesday. :? And they have 3 teenage kids. They are not going to be staying with me, they rented a cabin for the week. But I'm gonna feed them one day. What could I feed them that would be fast and simple? I'm brain dead! I thought about sandwiches....a variety of cold cuts, tuna, chips, etc. Let everyone make their own. Would that be cold? (no pun intended ) ;-) I didn't invite them but they are welcome. :)

I've never known any teenagers who didn't like sandwiches and chips. My husband is an advisor for a high school club and they come here for meetings sometimes and I provide food. They like chips of course and cookies, but surprisingly, they have asked for fruit instead of desert. My husband made a fresh fruit platter to take to a meeting at the school and they gobbled it all up and thanked him. I think he used fresh pineapple, strawberries, grapes and orange slices. The other thing I've served is brats and chips.

How about ordering pizza? Or, a favorite among my son and friends is chicken roll ups. I buy cooked chicken out of the rotisserie at the grocery store, cut it up, and they use a flat wrap with mayo, lettuce, and whatever else they like.

They also prefer fruit to chips and juice to soda.

Baked spagetti is always good a for youth night supper at church. The kids love it.
    G-son's football like the baked spagetti. You can make early in the day or freeze when needed. It is an easy and cheap meal.

Blog Entries
    NOthing wrong with serving cold cuts, chips etc. for lunch. Fresh fruit is great, and a pan of fresh brownies always seemds to go over. When I have "invited" company, we always have sandwiches for lunch. It's a time to visit, not be in the kitchen cooking!

A variety of sandwich fixings and chips sound great to me. Most teenagers like that. Come to think of it, so do I.

Blog Entries
    Your menu sounds good. Are there garden tomatoes out already? Yummmm!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I think sandwiches and chips is a great idea. Kids love that stuff. Desert could be ice cream or bakery chocolate chip cookies.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like to serve sloppy joes, or taverns as they call them in South Dakota, but then some may not like they way they are made. Also a huge pan of lasanga goes over good with my groups and that can be made the easy way, but I think sandwiches are great. Only thing sometimes that gets a little spendy.....

I think your menu is fine. Just be sure to have enough...teenagers eat a lot :!:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast