Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
computer problems??  here's a hint >

computer problems?? here's a hint

computer problems?? here's a hint

Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 AM

I thought I'd share something we found out. I've been having trouble with my computer......it would freeze up, take forever to open documents and in general was a PITA. DH was going to take the computer in tomorrow to be "fixed". Somewhere in his genius brain he got the idea that the mouse may be the problem. He insisted we go to town and get a new mouse. Okay -- I didn't believe it -- after all, the mouse worked okay - it was the COMPUTER! Well, I gave in, we bought a new mouse and WOW! I can't believe the difference! The computer programs open faster, no freezing in the last 2 hours and I'm one happy camper!!! I especially have had problems with my online banking.......would bake a cake while waiting for it to open....NOT any more!!!!!

I hope this can help some of you and save $$ so you can buy more fabrics in the future!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Wow, learn something everyday. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Google Goddess

Wow, thanks please let us know what kind of a mouse you bought as it sounds like it is a nice one

and where did you buy it from?

Several months ago my mouse wasn't working, unplug it and wiped the connection off with a dry cloth and working again

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I thought I'd share something we found out. I've been having trouble with my computer......it would freeze up, take forever to open documents and in general was a PITA. DH was going to take the computer in tomorrow to be "fixed". Somewhere in his genius brain he got the idea that the mouse may be the problem. He insisted we go to town and get a new mouse. Okay -- I didn't believe it -- after all, the mouse worked okay - it was the COMPUTER! Well, I gave in, we bought a new mouse and WOW! I can't believe the difference! The computer programs open faster, no freezing in the last 2 hours and I'm one happy camper!!! I especially have had problems with my online banking.......would bake a cake while waiting for it to open....NOT any more!!!!!

I hope this can help some of you and save $$ so you can buy more fabrics in the future!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Bought a wireless Logitech Mouse M305 from Target for $19.00 It has a itty-bitty-teeny-weeny "nano receiver" ---a thing that plugs into your port. So darn tiny I'm sure I'd lose it. I unplugged the wired mouse, plugged in that nano receiver and it was off and running!!!! SO simple!
Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Wow. I hope I have the same luck, I've been having the same issues.
Thanks for the tip
Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Bought a wireless Logitech Mouse M305 from Target for $19.00 It has a itty-bitty-teeny-weeny "nano receiver" ---a thing that plugs into your port. So darn tiny I'm sure I'd lose it. I unplugged the wired mouse, plugged in that nano receiver and it was off and running!!!! SO simple!
I had one of those. It went through alot of batteries. It was nice not having a cord though.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Mines the ol'ball one on the bottom every time mine starts going off or Skipping i remove the ball brush/scrub on my blue jeans use seam ripper to take gunk off the two roller thingies in the mouse and surprise works great again. But would like one without the wire!!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
Mines the ol'ball one on the bottom every time mine starts going off or Skipping i remove the ball brush/scrub on my blue jeans use seam ripper to take gunk off the two roller thingies in the mouse and surprise works great again. But would like one without the wire!!
I used to have that kind when I was working. We used alcohol on a Qtip to get the gunk off. My latest one didn't have the ball.....