Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Curious about how far a can of pop will spray? >

Curious about how far a can of pop will spray?

Curious about how far a can of pop will spray?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM

You needed my son's Science Fair project....Which paper towel is the QUICKIST PICKER UPPER... :lol:
Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Hey know what you mean. I left two 12 packs of soda in the car yesterday and when my husband came home he ask why I had thrown cans all over the inside of the car, Fifteen of them exploded inside.What a mess Had to get out shop vac. and completly detail the inside.This morning it smells like burnt cola.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes......they can really spray. What a mess.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

OH nooo......what a mess!!! What I hate is all the time I waste having to clean up a mess like that! Have to admit though....its funny when it isn't me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM

Hubby put a 2 liter of Squirt on top of the fridge but he put it partly on the door. I opened the door and that 2 liter hit the floor. I cleaned sticky up for at least a month afterward!! Every time I'd think I had it all cleaned up I'd find another sticky spot.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Talking about Diet Pepsi I have a buddy that works for Pepsi and brings over a palette of 2 liter bottles every month or 2 and I keep them in the garage. I have brought bottles in from the hot garage and opened them and they would puke out for 10 minutes because of the heat.

My daughter and I have even taken a few of them out in the back yard and shot them with the Red Ryder BB Guns and they blow up and look really cool when they do.

But yeah if you bring hot sodas in the house dont open bump or look at them funny until they cool off and get back to at least room temp.

Billy
Run cold tap water over them for one minute and presto you have a drink ready.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Banned

I will have to try that!!

I usually bring 4 or 5 two liter bottles in at a time and let them sit in the dining room behind the door. then when I get the last one to put in the fridge I will grab 4 or 5 more.

Billy
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM

That's kinda funny...reminds me of something we did at my house when I still lived with my parents.

There's this video game we all used to play together on Wii called Mario Party (not sure if you're familiar with it), anyway one part of the game you had to shake the controller as hard and fast as you could and your little character was shaking pop - whoever's pop sprayed the highest one.

So one day we had an 'unbirthday party' (I'll have to explain that to you later...) for my boyfriend and we decided to try the pop contest for REAL. So we all went outside and shook up cans of pop as fast as we could. Mom said go and we all opened them. They actually didn't go very high, but it was fun. Also, we then proceeded to dump them on each other and had to hose off...:D