Customer Loyalty Programs?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

one of the online shops i shop with does this- keeps tracks- rewards coupons---it does not really influence my activities- i shop with them because i have for over 10 years- it is always nice when i receive a $5 or $10 off coupon out of the blue. i appreciate the fact they keep track of my spending- and think enough of my patronage that they are willing to give me a little extra once in a while...i do not shop there because of this though-
we had an lqs that had a punch card- when the card was full you got to spend $30 on anything you wanted in the store---you had to spend $5 for a punch---(1 punch for each $5 spent)that was always nice to see your card filling up! again- i did not shop there because of that- in fact i didn't shop there unless it was the only place i could find what i needed- but i did use my $30 spending allowance when i earned it- they closed-so no longer available.
so- i guess my answer- i appreciate the programs- they do not factor in to my decision to shop anywhere over someplace that does not offer a program....selection, pricing, shipping and customer service is what determines whether or not i shop at one place over another- the bonus programs are just...a bonus
Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Unless they offer to just use my phone number I don't use them. I don't like keeping track of cards/punch cards/or special sets of numbers.
If the store offers good pricing for normal purchases, I will shop there to get the rewards. If their prices are high, I bypass them as usually the rewards don't make up for spending more to begin with.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 AM
QKO

Thanks for all the great responses!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 AM

If they keep track, I use it. I'm always loosing things. LOL Promotions do not make me shop there, service, price, and location mater more to me.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:25 AM

Threads of Time in Danville has a rewards points program that give a point ($ value = $1 store credit) for every $10 spent. However, if you spend $175 between Christmas and New Years you qualify for double points ($2 per $10 spent) for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! I do that and use my credits all the time. They have all kinds of things that they can be redeemed for or you can cash them in (each 150 pts = $15 gift card) and spend them for exactly what you want.

I also get things from Staples and Office Depot and yes, I use them.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 AM

Each time I was offered one, the business closed down before I had accumulated enough points to get anything worthwhile.