View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

one of the online shops i shop with does this- keeps tracks- rewards coupons---it does not really influence my activities- i shop with them because i have for over 10 years- it is always nice when i receive a $5 or $10 off coupon out of the blue. i appreciate the fact they keep track of my spending- and think enough of my patronage that they are willing to give me a little extra once in a while...i do not shop there because of this though-
we had an lqs that had a punch card- when the card was full you got to spend $30 on anything you wanted in the store---you had to spend $5 for a punch---(1 punch for each $5 spent)that was always nice to see your card filling up! again- i did not shop there because of that- in fact i didn't shop there unless it was the only place i could find what i needed- but i did use my $30 spending allowance when i earned it- they closed-so no longer available.
so- i guess my answer- i appreciate the programs- they do not factor in to my decision to shop anywhere over someplace that does not offer a program....selection, pricing, shipping and customer service is what determines whether or not i shop at one place over another- the bonus programs are just...a bonus