Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darned Computer Virus Internet Security 2010

Ok, my computer was caught by this virus called Internet Security 2010.. the virus looks just like a Windows virus alert with the red green blue yellow shield and then it takes over/hijacks your computer with pop ups that your infected, you have malware clean items immediately.. for $49 or some ridiculous amount. I found a system cleaner that targets that virus and will wipe it out for free .. takes a little bit of time but worth it completely. Just follow the instructions and amazingly enough it clears that puppy up. PHEW. If you get attacked you will need be so glad to use this. The virus hit hard in Dec I guess and comes from downloads (sneaky ones apparently as Norton did not catch it). GOOD LUCK! http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...-security-2010

Banned
    Norton is the worst anti virus out there!! When I had it I had more viruses get on my computer than I care to think.

Fortunately I do not have to worry about getting anything like that because I am a little more computer savvy and I know how the viruses and spyware work.

COMODO Firewall and a real time spyware shield will help with the virus issues along with Avast antivirus and Spyware Blaster. Also never use IE it is nothing but a sure fire way fro crap to get into your computer, use Firefox instead.

My system is set up like Fort Knox and I have never had any issues at all.

Billy

I use Trend Micro Internet Security Pro. Haven't had any problems. It has a Pro feature that cleans up all your internet stuff. I had Norton and I got virus' with it. Also slowed down my computer a bunch.

I agree Norton doesn't do what it should.

Blog Entries
    Great I just renewed my subscription to norton...sure wish this topic would have come up sooner for me.
    thanks for sharing...now what do I get? My computer will run great at times then all of a sudden its is slower then snails on a hot summer day.

I use Trend and upgraded to Pro end of last year. Pro version is better than regular Trend was. No problem at all, been using it about 4 years now.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Great I just renewed my subscription to norton...sure wish this topic would have come up sooner for me.
    thanks for sharing...now what do I get? My computer will run great at times then all of a sudden its is slower then snails on a hot summer day.
    thats just what our computer does! You turn it on and some days it takes forever so you go get a coffee etc and other days it just goes boom, boom and youre on!

I have avast and it's free.

I'm sorry you got infected, but glad you got rid of it!

We use AVAST, it works great, updates itself in the background. It's free and all you do is renew yearly. Norton is awful, it bogged down our computers, Macffe was no better, it actually was the death blow to my laptop years ago. We haven't had a virus infection yet and we have been using AVAST for 2 1/2 years now.

Thank you thank you thank you for this site. We have been hit twice by this now. First time we accidentally got it out this time I need help, :) and here it is and free to.\

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast