Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: DH needs a new weedwacker

My husband has had a long standing war with his weedwacker and others before it. Can anyone recommend a good weed wacker, one that starts everytime and the little nylon stringy thing comes out when its supposed to and is not way to expensive. Needs to be gas powered too.

thanks ladies, I dont want to see DH having another temper tantrem in the yard again. You know its really bad when the neighbor calls you and says Dennis is slamming the weedwacker on the ground, oh oh, he just bent it in half threw it in the garbage can.... and the winner is DH. Then he comes in and says get your purse, we're going to Sears. I keep telling him, if you break your toys I'm not buying you new ones.

"I keep telling him, if you break your toys I'm not buying you new ones."

Hire someone to do it! :)

Or go to Tractor Supply and get their great warranty!

we hired our 13yr old son, but hubby still weedwacks and does tractor supplies warrenty cover battle wounds?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    well that sounds like my Dad, if it doesn't work right then beat it til it does or throw it away and start over.

I have yet to find a weedwacker that works right all the time. My DH would get so aggravated that he would bring his to me and say fix it. I am the mechanical one in our household. LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I got ours from ace hardware, i don't remember the name of it but whats great is that i don't have to use those round spools of string, that seem to not work, there is an attachement or something, that lets you slip in peices of string they are pre cut but you can cut your own which would make it alot cheeper, I don't weedwack often i hire it out due to the amount that needs to be done.
    I spent several hundred on ours because I like power!

DH has been there and done that, especially beating the wacker up. I solved the problem, I hired someone to cut the grass weekly, they weed wack, cut the grass, blow everything away and the part I like best, trim the lawn along side the walks and driveway. DH never trimmed until it got out of hand and then he used a shovel that left the lawn looking all hacked up.

I have an Echo brand weedwacker.. Yes I said I had one. Husband is too busy holding the sofa down to do the yard work. It pays to buy quality. Cheaper in the end to get one more expensive piece of equipment than 2 or 3 lower quality. I also have an Echo gas backpack leaf blower and a lawnboy gas lawn mower. More expensive but they work well and don't break. No problems with any of them.

We actually got a nice one at WalMart last year. I think it was around $99. I went on line and looked at Lowes, Home Depot, etc and this one is gas and more hp than the others at higher prices. Works like OMG!!!!! One we got before this one we got from Lowes and ended up being junk. This one has some giddy-up to it.

We just bought a cordless electric yesterday to end the years long battle we've had with the gas powered. The good news is that the one we bought takes the same batteries as the cordless drill he uses all the time. The bonus is, I can start this one - I never could start the gas powered one.

Blog Entries
    i tell you if my electric one ever breaks, i'm getting a gas powered one. mine is so heavy and it requires me to hold the handle with a straight arm in front of me. talk about sore muscles!!!
    saw a gas one where the motor is held behind you and very light weight. no brand name known though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast