DH needs a new weedwacker

Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by mimom
My husband has had a long standing war with his weedwacker and others before it. Can anyone recommend a good weed wacker, one that starts everytime and the little nylon stringy thing comes out when its supposed to and is not way to expensive. Needs to be gas powered too.

thanks ladies, I dont want to see DH having another temper tantrem in the yard again. You know its really bad when the neighbor calls you and says Dennis is slamming the weedwacker on the ground, oh oh, he just bent it in half threw it in the garbage can.... and the winner is DH. Then he comes in and says get your purse, we're going to Sears. I keep telling him, if you break your toys I'm not buying you new ones.
Here you go..........

[img]http://www.clevescene.com/images/blo...8922-goats.jpg[/img]

Billy
roflol i was going to post something about getting a goat. lol
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 AM

We are an Echo dealer because they are a great product. Living in a rural area in So Cal we have fires to deal with and need to keep our property clear. Our customers love the easy start and dependability of the Echo trimmers. You need to keep a gas stabilizer in your gas mix because of the Calif. gas, it eats up primer bulbs, fuel line and carb.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 AM

We got one of the Worx from infomercial on TV and he loves it. Used it all last year and no problem. Ready to go again this year.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 AM

We have 5 acres and my husband is always out whacking the weeds as soon as they show their little pointy heads! We've gone through about 4 in the 18 years we've lived here. The best one we have found and he likes is the brand Stihl. They are not cheap but are sturdy and we have few problems with it.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
TMK

I work for a Stihl authorized dealer. The FS45 is a great unit. Most places it runs about $150. Best bet is to buy from a dealer who sells and services their equipment.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 AM

Now I know why my husband wants goats!

His answer to anything that doesn't work is to beat it with a hammer.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 AM

DH just got a new one last month, a Weed Eater, from K-Mart, I think it was $89. It replaced his ten year old one, also a Weed Eater. In FL, lawn care is every 4-5 days from April thru Oct., and he does a lake edge. His old one still worked (10 years) but the cord broke. It always started for him on the first pull, the new one does too.

We did buy new cord and he repaired the old one, so he has a spare if need be. I checked the papers on our Toro mower recently as it's self propelled and when it's wet and dewy in the morning, doesn't work so well. Got it in Dec. 1993.
I suppose the drive belt has seen better days. Don't you think it should last longer than 17 years? :-)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Loosethreads
We are an Echo dealer because they are a great product. Living in a rural area in So Cal we have fires to deal with and need to keep our property clear. Our customers love the easy start and dependability of the Echo trimmers. You need to keep a gas stabilizer in your gas mix because of the Calif. gas, it eats up primer bulbs, fuel line and carb.
My hubby swears by his ECHO.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 AM

My DH, Dennis, definitely votes for the Echo...he has the SB125.{i think that is the number..his is a split boom and he also bought the chain saw attachement...loves that too!} My son has used one for years...they both say it is balanced perfectly and easier to use because of it. All I know is that my husband doesn't holler at it and says how glad he is that he finally bought his own.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM

How about some sheep? Or a goat for the .......HEHE