Did you get an iPad?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:07 AM

I just got back from Best Buy and they said there are NO iPads available today in the USA.....zero....
Did you manage to get one?
My SIL bought one the day it came out (smarty) and he loves it.
Oh well.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Google Goddess

no don't have one, but saw them advertised and looks cool

can you buy them online???
Old 05-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I have 4 ipods and now my fav computer whiz told me I need an Ipad- whenever he suggests something I end up loving it.
But I'm passing on it for several reasons- one being I'm broke :D They do look nice though. Maybe when my ship comes in :D
Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Google Goddess

why do you have 4 ipods?

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I have 4 ipods and now my fav computer whiz told me I need an Ipad- whenever he suggests something I end up loving it.
But I'm passing on it for several reasons- one being I'm broke :D They do look nice though. Maybe when my ship comes in :D
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Google Goddess

what is the an ipod verses ipad???
Old 05-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

DD has one. She thinks it's great. I heard the newer ones coming out will have a phone docking station installed and a projected keyboard. It's the next computer. Did you know that desktop computers are on the way out? In a couple of years none will be made anymore. Wireless service will be used, like cell phones now for all internet service.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Well here's why.
My first was a little shuffle. Then my hubby bought me a Nano.
I love music and audiobooks (my favs are keepers) so for Christmas I saved money I got from my Mom and bought a 16GB new one. This way I can have all audiobooks on one and all music on the other. Finally I have one from Bath & Body Works that is weird but works great. Runs on batteries :D Got it years ago and they had lots of problems with them but mine is still going!
An Ipad is like a little computer- very cool!!
An Ipod is more for music, videos, audiobooks etc My new one has a camera but I doubt I'll use that feature.
Right now I'm digging through clothes b/c I have nothing to wear for summer! LOLOL- I'm not a big spender on clothes.
Only ipods :D:D:D:D:D:
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

IPods are music and video players. ITouch is the mini version of IPad. Iphone does everything the ITouch does and is a cell phone and has internet service all the time. You need wireless service added to any Iphone but you dont' need it for ITouch. ITouch picks up any free wireless network in the area. Iphones and ITouch uses apps, they are thousands of free ones and thousands of them that cost about .99 or more downloaded to your IPhone or ITouch or IPad. IPods play music and/or videos you download and install on them using a computer.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:59 AM

I have an IPhone and I love it! But I'm not getting the IPad because I like to play alot of games and it doesn't let you play any games that require flash. I hear there's a HP one similar to it coming out soon.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Everyone who has an IPhone loves theirs! As far as Ipods go I looked at an ITouch- not sure if that is the name of it but it was big and bulky kinda- also I don't play games on those things. I just wanted something for my music. I really like my new one :D