Dishwasher help!!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM

I have used Tang in my dishwasher too. It really helped to clean it up. After seeing how it scrubbed out my dishwasher though, I decided not to drink it anymore. Even if it is the drink of astronauts!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Silly as it sounds, run some baking soda/vinegar mixture down your sink drain. The DW is connected to that drain and it could also be that your just noticing it more in the DW. Pour the old baking soda from your fridge down the drain then follow it with the vinegar. It will foam in the pipes and help clean them out. If you also have a garbage disposal, quarter a whole lemon and chop that up followed by some ice cubes in the disposer. Have everything smelling fresh in no time.
I had a plumber out recently and that is exactly what he told me to do to keep the drains clean and clear. He also said to use it the same way in my toilet and never ever pour chemical drain cleaner in the drain or the toilet, it ruins the pipes.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:48 PM

My repair man has me put a soup bowl full of white vinegar on the top wrack and run it with clean dishes in it with no soap .This also removes any build up that can get on glasses No odor and sparking dishes.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Grab and outdated bottle of Italian salad dressing from the frige & pour it in the bottom of the dishwasher...run it through a full cycle (no soap)...then run a load of dishes with soap, as you normally do. I got this tip from a repairman who came out because my new dishwasher stunk...especially in hard water areas...you get a lot of soap/detergent buildup...and that is what smells (just like the newer front load washing machines)...the salad dressing clears this out. He said I could make my own "dressing" out of oil and vinegar.

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
My dishwasher smells! I put white vinegar in the rinse dispenser thinking it would help. I now leave the door open a little and that helps. Any ideas on what to do?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM

Dishwasher Magic is what I use, you can purchase from Walmart, Menards to name a few places.