Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do all quilters have a cat?

I swear, almost every quilter I know has a cat!

My baby only has 3 legs, but he can quilt with the best of them! LOL! I keep a wicker basket of material under my sewing desk and he loves to sleep there. He will occasionally reach out and swipe my material and bat it, but for the most part he lays there and sleeps. He's a very lazy cat, and was like that before his accident.

ETA: He lost his back leg. He never goes outside, since hes' been declawed, but one night after I went to bed, the boys must have accidentally let him out, and the next morning my husband found him on our steps missing his leg. He was hit by the train that goes by our house! He recovered well and is fine now.

Sometimes, I'll go in there and find he's played with my thread on my machine! He'll have it unraveled and knotted up.

When I spread out a quilt on the floor, he comes flying and jumps on it. Never fails.

Here he is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nope, no cats. Horribly allergic to the things (dogs, horses, etc too). I do have a pet button quail though. Maybe I shouldn't post this on a cat page... lol... don't want any of them to eat the quail :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    not me...just fish.

Heh. My kitty Sam passed away over a year and a half ago, and my sister shipped me her cat to have in June since she's deploying again. I layed out a D9 on the floor yesterday, and just like every good cat should he stopped, inspected, walked over and lay down on it. I think it's like a rule or something, to have an Inspector Cat.

I and some others make up for the quilters that don't have cats. I have 5. We have one poster from Australia who breeds scottish folds, Norwegian Forest cats and I think British shorthairs. I think she posted recently that she has 49! :shock:

No I have a dog...Boston Terrier

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    I think it's like a rule or something, to have an Inspector Cat.

:lol: :lol: OK I agree for those of us who do have cats and no amount of banishing of the quilt police will get rid of that particular rule.

I have a cat but she's banished from the sewing room. There's something about that one room in the house that makes her do naughty things, like chew batting or cry incessantly as I'm trying to figure out measurements or knock things off the table so she can lay down (like the button box).

I have two dachshunds. No cats for me I'm allergic!

No cat here. A little mixed breed dog that claims me as her pet.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast