Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you forget how to spell a word?

Blog Entries
    Yes!! Got stuck on the word, "gang" once and the more I said it aloud, the funnier it got!
    But I can always spot a misspelled word some one else wrote!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

If I touch type (looking at the screen instead of the keys) I do OK. If I do not look at the screen when typing, everything gets mixed up, like dyslexia. Always have trouble with becuase instead of because, as well as many others. Letters just come out in the wrong order.

I'm closing in on 59, and I find this happening to me a lot here lately. Guess that's part of getting "older". Not old, just older.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Blog Entries
    At least its just the spelling you can't remember. I frequently forget what the word is I want. LOL!!! Try getting someone to help you remember a word. Oh, my goodness, funny, but frustrating!!!!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    oh yes. i do too. frustrating. and yes, i've re-worded to be able to use a word I can spell. and spell check doesn't always help.
    the other day i did learn how to use the Dictionary in my Kindle. i was reading a book and wanted to know the definition of Anomalous. First time i'd use the Dictionary but got it to work fine.

Blog Entries
    Yes-------
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    My bigger problem is the auto complete functions--which often want to use a word other than the one I want--and they can be quite insistent.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Yes...I used to be good at spelling but now, from time to time I forget how to spell a word. Actually, if I don't think about it I'm fine, but as soon as I start to wonder if it's spelt correctly or not, then I've lost it...lol.

(by the way...how many of you, when replying to this post, have gone back and double checked that your spelling is correct?? I did..more than once...lol. Gosh..hope I got it all right...lol)
    Blessings from Janice

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    When I worked full time I had excellent spelling. Now that I am at home all of the time, spelling has become more difficult. I kind of think it is a case of "When you don't use it, you lose it."
    I agree... that plus "spellcheck" has really got me all twisted. I either can't spell the word or can't think of the exact one I want. I can think of all the ones "around" it but not it (does that make sense?). I asked my MD about it because my dad had Ahlzheimer's & getting it worries me. She said "Forgetting where your keys are (for example) is normal. Forgetting what your keys are for is when you need to worry". So far, fingers crossed...
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨Ż`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by miss_ticky2 View Post
    Yes...I used to be good at spelling but now, from time to time I forget how to spell a word. Actually, if I don't think about it I'm fine, but as soon as I start to wonder if it's spelt correctly or not, then I've lost it...lol.

(by the way...how many of you, when replying to this post, have gone back and double checked that your spelling is correct?? I did..more than once...lol. Gosh..hope I got it all right...lol)
    I have & even then, sometimes I don't catch it & when I see it posted, I think "Argh"!!!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨Ż`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast